Chapter 22

"Found him!" I shout to Kaden and Emilia.

"Where WERE you?!" Emilia asks Arthur.

"In a secret library," he replies.

"WHAT?!?!?"

"You heard me."

"WHERE?!?"

"Stop screaming and I'll tell you."

"Fine."

"On the third floor."

"I looked on the third floor."

"Not in the secret library."

"WHY?!? THAT DUMB ARTICLE?!?"

"It was EMBARRASSING!!"

"NO IT WASN'T! IT'S JUST AN ARTICLE!"

"YOU'RE NOT THE ONE WHO HAD THE MEDIA THINK YOU WERE DATING SOMEONE BECAUSE YOU WRESTLED WITH THEM FOR A GARDEN HOSE!"

"WELL, I WASN'T THE ONE WHO HID IN A SECRET LIBRARY, FOR GOODNESS SAKES!"

"I WASN'T THE ONE WITH A POSTER OF--"

"DON'T YOU EVEN GO THERE, ARTHUR!"

"WELL, IT'S TRUE!"

"SO IS THE FACT THAT YOU HID IN A LIBRARY!"

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU'VE NEVER RUN FROM ANYTHING LIKE THIS! YOU HID WHEN CHARLES FOUND YOUR PILLOW WITH LIPSTICK STAINS ON IT!"

"SO WHAT? I WAS A KID! YOU ARE SEVENTEEN!"

"STOP!" Kaden and I shout in unison.

"WHAT?"

"The more you shout, the more attention we draw. We may be in an area with no cameras, but a cameraman could come at any second!" Kaden says.

"Let's do something else. How about going out into Angeles?" I add.

"We can't!" Arthur exclaims.

"Yes, we can. But we can't draw attention to ourselves," Kaden tells him.

"Your parents are okay with it?" Emilia asks.

"They're the ones who started it in the first place, and they used to take us out that way. It's easier to have fun if you don't have to worry about photographers," I reply.

"Won't they recognize us?" Arthur asks.

"Not if we disguise ourselves," Kaden says.

"Okay. I've always wanted to see what Illéa looks like outside of the palace, anyways," Emilia agrees.

"Let's go. We have plenty of disguises in an empty storage room nobody uses," I say.

    The four of us walk over to the storage room where we keep the disguises. I pull out an outfit, some temporary blonde hair dye, blue color contacts, and some makeup for Emilia.

"All this?" she asks in disbelief.

"Yup."

    I turn around and find an outfit, temporary red hair dye, deep blue color contacts, and makeup for myself, then help Emilia with her disguise. When I finish, Emilia looks nothing like her usual dark haired, amber eyed self. She looks like a totally different person. I put my own disguise on, and realize that, except for the eye color, I look a lot like my mother in her Selection photos.

"Wow," I hear someone say from behind me.

Author's Note

     Guess who it is...

-Nom Nom