Chapter 35

Walking away, I run smack into Kile.

"Watch it!" I yell, unusually hostile.

"Whoa, who are you and what have you done with Celeste?" Kile asks in disbelief.

     I start to walk away.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kile asks me.

"Nothing."

"Yeah, right. The last time you sprinted around like that was when Ahren eloped."

"Fine. So what if I'm mad? Doesn't affect you."

"Hmm, well, if you're mad, you're probably going to the Exercise Room to punch something, and I'd rather not be the one not the other side of your fist if I walk in at the wrong moment."

"Ha ha, very funny."

"But, seriously, what's wrong? Did your troops piss you off or something?"

"Not them."

"One of the Elite?"

"Nope. Remind me again why I'm still talking to you?"

"Well, who?"

"Eadlyn."

"Since when do you fight with anyone in your family?"

"Since she called me WEAK."

"I'm sure that's not what she meant."

"Sure..."

"Okay, you probably misinterpreted whatever she said."

"Really, Kile? She's worried about me not being able to handle my own troops if one of them pulls something."

"Probably not what she meant to say, but it'll blow over soon."

"Good. Well, in that case, I'll be leaving, now."

"Uh uh. No way are you hiding now. I could use your help anyways."

      Oh no. Now I'm stuck. Kile's known for years that I HAVE to help people. It's like a second nature.

   I sigh. "On what?"

"A little project for the poorer provinces."

       And there it is. He knows that I literally HAVE to help them, be it using my sweet sixteen or just a random project.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Housing. I showed it to Eadlyn a little while ago," Kile says.

"Can you show me?"

"Right this way."

      We go to Kile's Selection room, where he shows me the sketches.

"They're good," I tell him.

"Yeah, but we need to figure out how to actually get them out there," Kile replies.

"We?"

"Welcome aboard."

"Well, anyways, I might be able to help with getting the idea out there."

"How?"

"Umm, remember Kaden's and my sixteenth birthday party?"

"What about it?"

"So, for my birthday request, I asked for small buildings to be put up so other people can have food and cake, too."

"I know, but how does that relate to this project?"

"Well, I met with an architect to plan it out. He was happy that I would do that, since some of his family members couldn't go to any parties and couldn't really have a day off. So he said to call him if I needed help with something architecture related."

"Well, in that case, your party helped us after all."

"I'll call him."

"Thanks."

      I grab my phone and dial the architect's number.

"Hello, you have reached Bastian Dallis. Who is this?" Bastian, the architect, asks.

"Celeste Schreave," I reply.

"Your highness! What can I do for you today?"

"One of my friends has an good idea that we need to get out there."

"Of course! What is it?"

"Housing for the poorer provinces."

"Ah, of course, your highness! I will be by tomorrow to discuss with you and your friend."

"Thank you, Mr. Dallis!"

      I turn to Kile.

"What did he say?" Kile asks.

"He said he'll be by tomorrow to discuss the designs," I tell him.

"Thank you," Kile says.

"Don't thank me yet. A meeting isn't the same thing as a building," I reply, "But you might be achieving your dream of architecture while still technically in the palace competing for Eady."

"Hey, you called her 'Eady' again! Does that mean that the little conflict is over?" Kile asks.

"Maybe. I don't know," I say.

"Whatever you say," Kile replies.

I look down at my phone. "I have to go now. The break is almost over."

"Sure."