Chapter 6: The date

After Calum hunged up I fell back to sleep. I woke up at 9. Ugh. Morning. I ate breakfast then thought what I was going to wear. I looked at my phone and saw a text from Ashton. "Please meet me at the cheese cake factory. I'll send a limo at your place at 7:30. Don't dress too fancy. Xoxo Ashton." Awww! I blushed. Damn I forgot that I need to get a blouse. Luckily Jessie had cool blouses that goes with black jeans and a sweater to cover up my arms. Don't ask. As I was getting ready, Jessie called me from the library room. Weird, she would NEVER go there. I came in and said "what is it?" Jessie was mad at something she couldn't say."Mom had secrets. We're not normal, we're FREAKS! "Jess, Henry what's going on?!" Henry grabbed Mom's journal from the desk and showed me a page. "The reason we came to Salem was not for the jobs. We had to be here because I want my kids to be safe from their powers they cannot control. It is my fault that they have these powers. The coven will punish them and I if they learned about this and use them as evil. I should of told them a long time ago." I closed the book looking at Henry. "What does it mean?!" I asked. "Coven means a group of witches that works together,like a religion or something." Henry read it in his phone. As soon as he said that my laptop was ringing. It was Mom trying to video chat me. Instead of me answering, Henry does it. "Oh hi Henry. Where's Michelle?" "I don't know mother. Maybe I killed her by using my power I cannot control." Mom looked at him knowing that he knows so do Jessie and I. "I'm sorry I-" "You didn't mean to not tell us this because of the coven. You were afraid Mom. I understand." I told her that. "I have to go" I left the room hoping that Henry and Jessie aren't going to argue with Mom.