Chapter 14

I took my phone and dialed Dad in the library room. My stomach was hurting of nervous. The phone ring and then heard Dad's voice. "Hello?" "Hey Dad its me. Jessie told me you called to talk to me. What's up?" He sound surprised "Oh! I thought you wouldn't call back. Um I was going to tell you first that me and your mother are not going to-" I stopped him, continued his words. "Make it back home for Christmas. I know. You always say that every time.*sigh* Dad I have to ask this....why are you making these stupid excuses?!" Silence was on the phone. "Wha-what do you mean?" He sounded serious. "Every time, you and mom have busy work and other shitty things. We're not a family and it feels like we are strangers, father or I should call you Mr. Lockwood!? God you don't even care about us! You abandoned us here and stay busy with bs work. You and Mom don't care about our wants. The reason we moved here was work less and spend time with each other. I guess not Mr.Lockwood....." I was mad and furious at them. The phone was silence still. " Michelle I-" I hung up the phone before he said his bs. I cried staring at the photo of us when we were little. I saw my 7year old self with 8year old twins and our parents. I had another same photo in my room. I remember that day when we took the photo. Then I remember about dad and our conversation over the phone. I grabbed the picture and threw it at the wall. I fell to the floor and cried until I heard Henry's voice. "Michelle?" Henry said. He walked in and then Jessie came behind him. They saw me falling apart. Henry came to me and hugged me. He whispered to my ear "We heard everything. We don't need them"
I hold on to him and Jessie picked up the broken glass of the frame.

We ate silently and my eyes were hurting from crying a lot. Jessie ask what dad said and I told her they were not going to be here for Christmas. "Did Ashton leave?" Jessie said. I nodded. I didn't want to talk so i just took the food and went upstairs. I still felt like I should cry but kill someone. Weird. I decided to call Ashton and make sure he's okay.