02

~ Your point of view ~

After leaving Dan's apartment, I walk down the many stairs and out of the building. I wondered around for a bit in hopes to figure out where I am. Once I found a couple of street names and walked by some shops I open my phone with enough knowledge to call a cab. When I turn on the screen I see about a hundred messages from Amari, the bride to be.

'Just like you (y/n), missing the biggest day of my life.'

I quietly groan I have had to put up with Amari's wedding hormones and her insults from the day Will proposed.

Amari was a little too into Disney movies when she was a kid and she always wanted the perfect wedding like all the Disney princess'. From the moment, we met in eighth grade at our first dance and I accidentally stepped on her fluffy dress ripping the first couple layers I knew she was going to be a be a nightmare. We quickly became friends when she forced me to switch dresses.

She got to wear my black, short dress that didn't fit me too well but she looked fantastic in. That night, she didn't just get all the attention because she looked pretty, she got all the attention because she looked hot. Meanwhile, I looked like I had gotten hit by a car on my way to a wedding.

I've been held hostage with her friendship since that very night.

Right then, my cab pulled up, I was about to get in when a teenage girl walked up to me.

"Sorry to bother you, but I love your shirt! Danisnotonfire is my fav!" She said.

"Mm," I replied with no idea what she was talking about. I was in a hurry but I smiled anyway trying not to be rude but wishing she would notice I was literally getting in a cab. She waved and walked away, and I got in the back of the black car.

'Danisnotonfire?' I thought to myself. Soon my thoughts were interrupted by a phone call from Amari. I ignored it because I didn't want to explain everything over the phone and there was a huge chance that if I put the phone to my ear, she would blow out my eardrum with her yelling. I told the cab driver where to go, and in no time, we were at the church. I paid the cab driver and got out.

I took a deep breath and started into the uplifting church. I never authentically took the time to consider religion but back in Minnesota where we used to live, There was a church just like it. On the far side of the church in Minnesota, there was a bike path. The path carried on to a jaw-dropping pond surrounded by the greenest trees. Amari and I went to that pond almost every day when we were growing up. Although we didn't meet until eighth grade we had so many memories there, I understand why she wanted to get married somewhere that reminded her of our favorite place.

During the spring, We'd catch frogs and sneak out really late and go just to watch the stars.

In the summer, we would climb the trees, take books, and picnics out there and stay as long as we could before we got too hot.

When fall came around, we'd rake up all the leaves and jump in them until every last leaf was crushed.

In Winter, Usually, we'd just bundle up in huge coats and play in the snow. One time, we tried to skate on the frozen pond, but I fell through and broke my ankle. We didn't do that again.

The moment I walked inside I could already hear Amari's dreadful voice.

"(Y/N)!!!" She yelled, quite loud. I'd rather be shot in the leg eight times then have to face Amari and all her wedding hormones. Before I could speak she was already dragging me into a dressing room and pulling at my hair. "Where the hell have you been?! My wedding starts in 30 minutes!"