09

"Wh-what?" I stalled, starting to think of a way out of this conversation.

"You heard me." Aiden's jaw locked and his eyebrows raised as he expected a reply.

"I just- I didn't- just once," I said reluctantly, I barely remembered the night and I wasn't excited that I had to share my sex-life with my brother.

"Unbelievable," Aiden scoffed, he acted like I just did the worst thing in the entire world.

"Aiden it's not like that just let me-"

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." He said, not even registering that I was talking.

"Aiden," I tried, but before I even could get another word out, he was out the front door.

"Damnit!" I cursed as I grabbed my wallet and stuffed it in my pocket along with my phone. I made my way for the front door and pulled it open.

"(Y/n) I'm so so-" Amari worried.

"Save it." I shut the door behind me and followed after Aiden. I walked out to the parking lot and searched for Aiden's car. My eyes fell on his brown truck peeling out of the parking lot and down the street.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Dan. "Hey sorry I couldn't pick up the phone, leave it at the beep." Dan's voicemail played before I could press the end call button.

I groaned to myself before calling a cab and praying it would arrive quickly.

~Dan's POV~

I stood in front of the restaurant, bored out of my mind. My phone had died five minutes ago and Aiden was late.

I stood alone next to the front door, pretending to text so I wouldn't seem as awkward as I actually am. I looked up away from my phone and saw Aiden's brownish car swing around the corner. He always was a bad driver.

I smiled as he got out of his car and started walking towards me, but I soon realized his expression wasn't the same.

"Hey man," I said slightly concerned as he approached me. Before I could react Aiden had both his hands on each of my shoulders and was pushing me as forcibly as he could. I stumbled but soon enough regained my balance but stayed the same distance away from him.

"Really man? Fucking my sister? I'm going to kill you!" Aiden said as he charged at me. Although the last thing I wanted was to hurt Aiden or have a fight in public I raised my hands and pushed Aiden back.

"Dude! Chill, okay? Let's talk about this!" I pleaded as I saw the camera's raise around us.

Aiden came at me again and grabbed my collar, he threw his fist as hard as he could and although he slipped it still hurt like a bitch. Everything was going by so fast I didn't want to fight Aiden but he's not giving me much choice. I pushed him back again and before he could come at me, (y/n) was pushing him away from me.

Of course, only I of all people would need my girlfriend to save me from a fight, but I was grateful. I am not the fighting type in any aspect. I hate that this was happening, I still don't really understand why this was happening.

Wait... Girlfriend?

"(Y/n), get the fuck out of the way!" Aiden's loud voice interrupted my thoughts. I saw (y/n) standing in front of him begging him to just chill out.

And then it happened.

Aiden must have forgotten why and what he was fighting for. He was pissed at me for being with (y/n) so then how could he have hurt her? He pushed past her but I guess he underestimated his strength because before he could even get to me, his shoulder hit (y/n) and sent her tumbling to the ground.

"(Y/n)," I breathed. My world slowed and I could finally catch up to what was happening. I went to help her up but so did Aiden. "Hey! You've done enough." I hissed as I placed myself between (y/n) and him. "Go, now, before this all gets worse."

Aiden's eyes were filled with guilt and pain. I wonder what this all was really about. Was he scared that she was finally moving on from her old life? The life I know nothing about.

I watched as Aiden walked back to his truck, I had exploited his guilt to make him walk away. I don't regret it, (y/n) needs to be as far away from him as possible right now, but I do feel bad.

"Hey, you hurt?" I strayed from my thoughts as I pulled her off the ground and made sure she was standing up straight.

"Yeah, um are you..?" Her brother and she shared the same feature of guilt. She felt like this was her fault.

I registered the pain in my cheek from where he hit me and winced. "I'll be okay," I smiled.

~Your POV~

The ride back to the flat was silent. The only conversation was from the small talk our cab driver was making, trying to be polite so I'd give him a bigger tip.

When we got into my flat there was no sign of Amari. I had forgotten that in the drama of the day I had said something I didn't mean. I was only pissed because she had the courage to do something I couldn't over such a little thing.

Because it was a little thing, right?

Dan and I have only been together for a couple weeks and I'm acting like if I mess it up my whole world will be over.

Dan followed me into the kitchen and sat down on a chair at the breakfast bar. The entire room was still silent because neither of us was really good at starting a conversation. Especially after what happened today.

I got an ice pack from the freezer and wrapped it with a rag so it wouldn't be so cold. I turned back to Dan and walked over to where he was sitting. He smiled down at me, he was still taller even sitting down but in my defense, he was on a tall chair.

I cupped his face with my hand and grazed my thumb over the bruise forming underneath his eye. I raised my other hand that was holding the ice-pack and placed it gently on his wound.

He winced a little and I pulled the ice pack back but he smiled to reassure me that he was okay. I put the ice pack back on his cheek and held it in in place as I got up my courage to talk.

"I'm so sorry," I managed to get out causing Dan to look at me with his brows furrowed.

"Don't be," he smiled vaguely but genuinely. "I know how families are and I should've talked to him about it."

"I should have too." I let my thoughts spin as I imagined what happen the next time I saw Aiden. "I hope I didn't ruin your friendship."

"What happened between you two? Why'd he freak out so much?" Dan said, ignoring my previous statement.

"Uh, we grew up really close..." I worked around the conversation so I wouldn't have to talk about my mom. "And I had a couple problems at home and then Ari invited me here. I think he was pissed at me for not including him in that decision, so now he finds small things in my life that he thinks are fixable. He still wants me to need him."

Dan smiled and moved my hand along with the ice pack away from his face. He cupped my face gently, his movements hesitant. I leaned into his touch as he planted a short kiss on my lips before pulling back with a smile.

Holy shit, I think I'm falling for him.

(A/N)-

What up bitches?!

my disorganized ass actually got a chapter done so woohoo. So you should leave a star and comment please if you like this actual mess! THANNNNK YOU for 2k reads (still surprised I got more than 2 reads tbh) i'm pretty sure it's fully edited but if you see a fuck up LET ME KNOW MI AMOR

XOXOXOOXXo

gossip girl (Just kidding lol but thanks for putting up with my hyper ass, til next time)