10

~Dan's POV~

Art. How else do I describe her besides pure art?

Her beautiful skin is always covered in paint. Sometimes she opens the door of her apartment and I see paint peeling off her fingertips. Every once in a while if she wears a skirt, I see the small patch of skin that she used as a palette because she was too concentrated on her artwork to get a plate.

She covers up all her artwork before I come over, maybe she's scared to be judged? But either way there's no way in hell I'd focus on her artwork.
Don't get me wrong, I can feel her creativity, her artistic nature, radiating off of her body if I stand close to her, so what she can do with a little paint would probably be the greatest artwork I had ever seen.

The second at least, after her.

"What're you thinking about?" Her gentle voice rings through my ears like a melody, taking me away from my thoughts.

"Can I see what you've painted?" I asked suddenly, before I could think it through.

Her eyes widen a bit in surprise and her lips drop to an 'O' figure but before long she nods a small yes. She seemed quite shy that's for sure, but staying up with her past three in the morning she seemed more outgoing than Phil. She'd tell me stories about growing up without her mom and how it was hard for her and her brother, how her and Amari ran away a couple times but Amari always chickened out and they had to go home.

She has two sides to her, one that's quiet and shy and the other that's loud and kick ass. I love both but I'd do anything to see the second side of her. Where her happiness shows on her cheeks and in the way she walks, when she doesn't hold it all in.

She always shared just enough details to make it seem like I knew everything about her but every time I look at her, it's like a puzzle piece is missing.

We both hop off the couch as she leads me into her bedroom and opens her closet door. Over twenty canvas' leaned against each other, filling her closet almost completely. Over the canvas' was a small shelf containing loads of sketch books and binders which I imagined were all filled with art as well.

She pulled out a couple canvas' and I helped her lay them out on her bed and wow.

Wow.

Beside me, (y/n) was biting her nails, not looking into my eyes almost like she's never shown anyone these, but I couldn't see why.

The first one was a drawing of a girl walking on a galaxy. The girl was blowing bubbles that were turning into planets as she continued on.

The second drawing was of a field of sunflowers, there was only a couple colors on the page but damn, could she make them go well together.

The last one was a drawing of a heart with a tree sprouting from the top. Dark red veins mixed with brown roots and almost shouted how a like nature and human beings are.

"Wow," I mumbled as I traced my eyes over the gorgeous colors. "These are... Amazing."

"You think so?" she smiled down at her paintings, "thank you." She said once more before moving the paintings down to the ground and sitting on her bed. I sat next to her and smiled lightly as she scanned my face to make sure the bruise from Aiden was fully healed.

It had been two weeks since he hit me and since we had heard from him. We had seen a couple other collaborations he's done with other YouTuber's so we know he's okay, but (y/n) is still worried about him.