04

~Dan's point of view~

I walked down the cold street and breathed in the fresh air. (Y/n) didn't actually live too far, it was about a fifteen-minute walk but I didn't really mind. The cool autumn air was getting colder by day and turning into an unfriendly, frigid winter.

I wonder what season (Y/n) likes the best. I just want to get to know her. I want to know what books she reads, if she writes in cursive, hell, I want to know what tea is her favorite. She just fascinates me.

I practice over and over when I make videos and when I perform but it's harder for me to with real people. it's easy to with her, though. If I stutter, get my words jumbled, or get shy she doesn't just stare at me expectantly, she laughs. She takes one of my biggest insecurities and turns it into nothing. Just like if I tripped or said a joke she laughs. She registers it, but she brushes it off and lets me know it's okay with a laugh or a giant smile.

I walked up the many stairs and then into my apartment

"Well, you have some explaining to do," Phil says. once I made it into the living room. He didn't seem angry, just glad I wasn't disembodied in a trash bag somewhere.

"Sorry Phil, I didn't mean to fall asleep," Phil gave me a mischievous grin. "I mean nothing really happened, We just talked," I said smiling on the inside. I sat with him on the couch and already started feeling doubt about a relationship that wasn't even a relationship.

She doesn't know I'm a Youtuber. How much would that effect whatever I have with her?

Phil looked at me with his brows knitted together. I smiled, making sure he knew I was okay. I brushed off the feeling for now since we haven't even been on a first date.

"I think I need a shower," I told Phil.

"I think so too!" I smiled at him, then headed upstairs.

~ Your Point Of View ~

When Dan left I shut the door and immediately heard Amari scream.

"IS THAT THE GUY YOU HAD SEX WITH?!"

"Shhhh!" I said to Amari, barely able to contain my laughter. "He might still hear you!"

"Oh sorry! IS THAT THE GUY YOU SLEPT WITH!?"

"Shhh!" I said again. Amari and I had a long conversation about Dan. The conversation contained unwanted squeals and giggles.

"I like him! He's got a..." She stopped, thinking of what she would say. "Geeky! A geeky vibe to him!"

"Mm, well I'm done talking about it, you might explode," I told her. After the subject finally changed, Amari and I started a movie marathon and ordered out.

Almost a week later, Amari finally had all her stuff set up. Even though she really only had a blanket nest on my couch, her laptop, and a couple bags of clothes she was finally happy with her arrangement.

Dan and I talked on the phone until really late last night so I have every excuse to wake up at twelve pm...

I was making Amari and I breakfast at around one since we both slept in. I didn't wake up Amari yet but when I was done making us french toast, I would have to. I finished cooking and went to wake her, on my way to her "nest" I heard a knock on the door. Before waking up Amari, I went back through the kitchen and opened the door. To my surprise, Dan was standing in front of me.

"Hey!" Dan said. I stepped out of my apartment and shut the door.

"Sorry, I would invite you in but Amari is sleeping" I smiled. "what's up?"

"I, uh, I want to ask you out." He said. I listened to him as he continued. "I thought it would be bad if I asked you out over the phone. Except now I realize that just showing up her is quite creepy-"

"Dan," I stopped him.

"Yeah?"

"Ask me out." I told him. He was obviously worried I'd say no.

"Will, you go out with me?" He smiled.

Everything about him was just so charming. His eyes were dark like hot chocolate, Have you ever seen brown eyes in the light? Golden flakes mix with the brown as the sun reflects down on them.

His dark brown fringe swept just above his eyes. Plus his smile revealed his dimples (Sad dimple duh) . However, what really got me was his personality. As cliché as that sounds, he couldn't be more miraculous. Before I fell down a rabbit hole of my thoughts I gave him my answer. "Yes."

After Dan and I talked for a while, he told me about some lunch plans he had with his roommate and we said our goodbyes.

"So our date, what about Friday? I can pick you up at seven?"

"That sounds great, I can't wait!" I smiled. Dan left and I walked back inside.

After talking to Dan for quite a while Amari and I's food had gotten cold. Being as lazy as I am, I poured her some cereal and woke her up by turning up the tv really loud. Amari opened her eyes and groaned at me.

"Eat your cereal!" I said to her through a mouthful of my cereal. I handed her the bowl and we starting watching tv. "I'm going on a date with Dan," I told her. She stayed quiet for a couple seconds. Then she started laughing louder than I have ever heard.

"You're dating a geek!!" She laughed, I smiled.

"I hate you,"

I added a thin layer of lip gloss and checked the time. '6:24pm.' It was Friday night and Dan was coming to pick me up in about half an hour for our date. I grabbed my phone and walked out of my room and into the living room. "Ari?" I asked.

"hm?" She replied while holding a piece of pizza to her mouth. She has pretty much taken over my living room and made it hers.

"What do you think?" I said motioning to my outfit. I was wearing a pair of light skinny jeans, a rose sweater that brushed up against my fingertips because it was a little too big, and my black flats. I put my (h/l) in a ponytail the best I could without leaving any out, and wore little makeup.

"Aw! you look stunning!" Amari said after turning off the tv. I looked down and straightened out my sweater. "You're nervous though.." Amari added. I stayed quiet for a moment before speaking.

"I just- don't want it to go wrong."

"I know..."

Before Amari and I could finish our discussion I heard light knocking on the door. I took a deep breath and walked towards the door. I was trying not to be nervous but I couldn't help it. I walked over to the door and pulled it open slowly.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," Dan replied.

(a/n)-

tbh thanks for reading this because I don't think it's too good and I kind of just rewrote the first chapter with the whole awkward ass walk of shame happening twice. But thank you If you are reading I stg it's not gonna keep being terrible forever.

(AND IF I COULD JUST SAY DAMN I'VE SAID CLICHÉ ABOUT EIGHT TIMES IN THIS STORY AND I AM VERY SORRY THAT I'M SO UNSURE ABOUT THIS BOOK)