05

~Dan's Point of View~

"Hey" she opened the door and smiled.

"Hey" I replied. I couldn't help smiling even bigger than I already was. I barely know her, I know that but she's got this smile. This contagious smile. "You look gorgeous." I added while checking her out head to toe.

"Thank you," she replied, trying to hide her rose red cheeks. "You don't look too bad yourself." She grabbed her jacket and we made our way down the stairs and out the building.

~Your Point of View~

"So, Where are you taking me tonight?" I turned to Dan as we walked out the building.

"Why would I spoil the surprise?" When we walked out I saw a cab waiting for us, and my body filled with curiosity.

"I hate surprises, you know?" I told Dan. (THE CLICHÉ-NESS IS SO REAL IM CRINGING) He opened the cab door for me and I got in. He went around the other side and got in too.

"I'll remember that for next time," He smiled. The ride was quite long but I really didn't mind; It gave Dan and I time to get through the small talk and just, talk. When the taxi stopped Dan got out of the cab and came around and opened my door. He payed the cab driver and we walked into the beautiful building.

The building was gorgeous. It was filled with these dancing lights and god, was it fancy. 'I'm so under dressed...' I thought, I stayed smiling and walked up to the front desk with Dan beside me.

"Hi, I have reservations for Howell," Dan said to the waiter. He looked at Dan, me, then down to his book.

"Yes, I don't have you down for another hour." The guy said in a sharp tone.

"That is impossible, my reservation was for eight." I could see Dan's smile start to fade,

"Well we're booked solid until nine, sorry." The man smiled smugly.

"N-no that's not-" Dan started.

"Dan it's okay, let's just go somewhere else." I set my hand on his arm and he turned to me and gave me a small smile. He then turned back to the man.

"Cancel those reservations, please" He added. He turned back to me and we walked out of the building. Our cab had already  left, so we just started walking down the street. "I-I'm really sorry, I suck at setting up dates."

"Dully noted," I smiled. "Not my worst first date, though. Um, I went to the movies with a guy named Richard, when I was nineteen."

"Okay I'm curious" Dan replied.

"He was twenty-three, a bit older. When I picked him up, because he didn't have a car, his wife started throwing plates at me."

"Oh god," Dan replied, we laughed and continued walking down the street. We kept walking for about fifteen minutes. The streets started getting darker, the sky was still blue but was beginning to look very dark. Most of the buildings we walked by were out of business or for rent.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking around the dark street.

"Um.." Dan replied. He looked around carefully. "I don't exactly know"

"You've lived here how long?" I turned to Dan and he smiled. We decided to turn back and call a cab once we got closer to the restaurant. "Hey, whats that?" When we turned back around I saw a lit up building from my left. I guess I didn't see it before because I was standing on Dan's right side. Dan followed my gaze and looked to the small structure.

"A coffee shop?"

"Are you hungry?" I asked, stopping in my place.

"Starving." Dan smiled. We started waking towards the small shop, in hopes that they had something to eat. After a short walk we were standing in front of the coffee shop. "Cups o' Coffee" The giant sign read. Dan held open the door for me and we made our way into the cute little shop. Dan and I sat in a booth towards the front. The place was empty, there was two waitresses and no one else. It was the last shop that hadn't been closed on this block.

"Hi, my name's Joyce, what can I get for you?" A lady approached us with a notepad and a smile.

"Please tell me you've got something good to eat." Dan said. the woman looked around the empty shop.

"It's not on the menu, but I make killer blueberry waffles. Were obviously not very busy, how bout I whip some up for you?" The waitress smiled. I looked over to Dan who nodded back at me.

"That sounds perfect."

__

"Okay, you agree right? Best waffles ever!" I laughed after eating the last piece of the blueberry heaven I was just served.

"No argument whatsoever," Dan smiled. When we finished our waffles, we sat at the booth for a long time. We just talked until the coffee shop closed. Dan payed and got some hot chocolate for us to go, before they kicked us out. Dan and I sat on the curb in front of the coffee shop after Dan called a cab.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes. Until Dan raised his hand and pointed to the sky and whispered a small "Look..." My eyes followed his hand and I looked up to the heavenly sky. While we were in the coffee shop the sky got dark, Pitch black dark. The streets, just as dark, make the sky pop and made the stars look miraculous. We just sat there, staring at the sky like children, who were seeing their first movie. Dan dropped his hand onto mine and we just sat there.

Except then reality bled through. The cab pulled up, and the headlights ruined the view. Then the inpatient cab driver honked, and ruined the silence. So that basic romance movie feel was ruined, but what can you do? Dan removed his hand from mine and my hand became very cold, and I found myself wishing for his touch. Wishing for the warmth of his hand back on mine.

Dan and I stood, and we started to the cab. He opened the car door for me and I got in. He then went around the other side and got in. He scooted closer to me than last time and even though the ride was quieter than the last, I was grateful for the whole night.

__

"I had an amazing time y'know? Those waffles were better than any restaurant." I smiled. We were standing outside my apartment, Dan had the cab wait for him so he could walk me in. I stood in my doorway while Dan stood in front of me, only inches away.

"Yeah? Well sorry about dinner anyway." Dan leaned over and kissed my cheek. "I'll call you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'd like that." I smiled, biting my inner cheek trying to contain my smile.

"Goodnight," Dan smiled.

"Goodnight." I opened my door and shut it behind me. I leaned my back against the door and let out my huge smile.

Wow.

(A/N)- Oh my lord this chapter took forever. I know this isn't my best work but I couldn't get it right! I rewrote this chapter 3 times! I don't love this chapter but I think it was kinda cute so whaTEVER GET OFF MY BACK