03

~ Dan's point of view ~

I paced back and forth my room.

"What if that was only a one night stand? What if our conversation meant nothing? What if what happened between us meant nothing?" I said to myself, as I continued to walk back and forth.

The door was wide open so Phil walked in.

"Hey, Dan should w-"

"Should I call her? I mean it's almost midnight but I can't get this outta my system. I liked her. I really liked her. And I've only known her for like twenty-four hours. And I get that I just met her but I probably wouldn't have slept with her if I didn't like he- "

"Dan?" Phil asked.

"Yeah?"

"Don't overthink it. Just send her a message." He smiled and left the room. Phil is most definitely a soldier. Over six years of me and my crazy life? Wow.

I sat back on my bed and typed "hey" into the phone.

1

2

3

Send.

~ Your point of view ~

I continue watching tv and scrolling through Tumblr. I'm anxious to see what Dan wants to talk about but what can I do?

After about 20 minutes the doorbell rang it could either be Dan or the Chinese food since neither of them have gotten here yet. I jumped off the couch and walked over to the front door. I swung it open and there stood Dan. In that moment, I remembered I was in sweatpants. So I shut the door in his face. What can I say, I'm smooth like that. "Just a minute!" I screamed as I ran to my bedroom searching for something not too lazy but not too dressed up. I settled on a black long sleeve shirt with lace shoulders, a pair of gray leggings, and my slippers. I ran into the bathroom and brushed out my hair.

~ Dan's point of view ~

When I got to her building, I walked up the stairs until I got to her flat. I rang the doorbell and waited.

'Casual. Act casual.'

She opened the door with a smile, but that smile soon faded as she slammed the door in my face.

"Just a minute!" She yelled through the door.

"Okay?" I said, kind of quietly,  but still curious.

I waited a couple minutes until she opened the door. I smiled awkwardly.

"Sorry," she said

"It's okay." I smiled.

She invited me in and I sat on the couch. When I sat down, the bell rang again and she answered it. It was her food. She paid the man and put her food down on the coffee table.

"Hey," she said, with a childish grin. "Sorry I just haven't had Chinese in a while, do you want some?" She asked. I was almost hypnotized by her smile.

"Uh, uh no thanks. I just came over to talk."

She put down her food and sat a couple feet away from me. "Okay, what's up?" She asked, through a mouth full of noodles.

"I've been thinking a lot about last night and well... I messed up. I kept buying you drinks and I didn't mean to get you drunk. I actually wanted your number because before everything I had a really fun time with you, and I'm just sorry, I messed everything up..."