F o u r t i n e ~ "E S P Y s"

It's the ESPYs today. I was getting my hair done with my sister. We were doing matching buns with a braid around it and a strand of hair down on each side of our heads that was curled. We got our makeup done and then we went to get dressed for the red carpet. Our dresses were a lot alike. My sister's dress was a black sweetheart strapless long dress that almost tripped her when she walked out of the room. Mine was a black strapless swing dress that was a little shorter than my sisters. One of the UCONN boys basketball players showed up at my house. Apparently he and my sis are going together. I was meeting Blake there. We all got into the car and were on our way to the red carpet. Me and my sis left the guy and went our separate ways. I posed with my sister for a couple pictures. The last picture we took was her facing the camera while I was facing her with a rock and roll hand sign, my foot kicked in the air, and I was kissing her cheek. We went inside. I found Blake. He gave me a hug. My sister met back up with her date. We all got to our seats. I played with my thumbs for most of the show. I jerked my head up when I heard my name listed as a nominee for best female athlete. I didn't know I was a nominee for that.

"And the award for best female athlete goes to..." The envelope was opened. "Ally O'Neal of the Los Angeles Sparks!"

I smiled and laughed awkwardly as I got up and hugged my sister. Blake have me a side hug. Maya Moore, who was also a nominee, walked over to me as I got out of the row.

"You deserve it!" she said as she hugged me. I walked up the stairs and accepted my award. I stood at the mic. I didn't know what to say.

"Oh my god!" I said as I ended up laughing. "Who would've thought I would be on this stage accepting this?" I laughed again. "I don't know what to say. I guess, thank you? Thank you to everyone who's helped me get to this point."

I made my way backstage and then back to my seat. Kylie grabbed my hand when the UCONN girls basketball team was nominated for something. We sat there waiting as the results were being opened. UCONN won. Kylie and I stood up as we cheered on our old teammates.

"First, we would like to thank everyone who has supported us." our old teammate said. "Second, we would like to give this ESPY to the O'Neal sisters."

I looked at Kylie. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Get up here you two!" she said. We got up and walked to the stage. I hugged my old teammates while Kylie stood with the ESPY in her hands. Kylie gave a speech thanking coach and the staff and everybody on the team. We handed the ESPY back to the team when we got backstage.

"I'm sorry guys, but we can't take that." I said. Kylie agreed. "Thanks for everything though. You guys deserve that more than us."

The ESPYs ended and we went to an after party. Kylie and I sat at a table in the corner. Her date disappeared and so did mine.

"Dad got a private flight to take us to Phoenix for all star." Kylie said. I shifted in my seat. I loved my family dearly, they just always have a way of making me feel like shit. Blake walked over to us from the other side of the room. I smiled faintly.

"What changed your mood?" he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I told her about how our dad got a private flight to take us all to Phoenix for all star. She's not to fond of our family going."

"I'll be there so it can't be that bad." He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Would you mind being on a two, three hour flight with me so I don't cry out all the liquids in my body?"

"I'm pretty sure that's impossible."

"Oh, it's possible with my family, it truly is." He chuckled.

"Well you could come on the flight with me. It'll be DJ, Chris, Amber, Matt, Gloria, Jada, and Matt and Chris' kids."

"Sounds like a deal!"

He smiled. I giggled.

"You guys would make a cute couple." Kylie stated. My mouth dropped and my cheeks turned red. Blake's cheeks turned red as well. Kylie smiled.

"Uh, I'm gonna go." Blake said before walking away. I punched Kylie's arm.

"Ow!" she yelled. "I was just speaking truth!"

"Speak truth that won't embarrass me you dweeb!"

After a while of sitting in silence, Kylie left to be with our old friends. I stayed in the corner. All I wanted to do was go home and leave for Phoenix. Without my family for that matter. This night could not go by any slower. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll be trying to update every Saturday from now on, and I'm really sorry for a shitty chapter.