F o r t y s i x ~ "D y i n g"

Read the author's note at the bottom. Its important.

~~~~~~~~

The rest of the clippers' season went by roughly. They suffered greatly, and only lasted one round in the playoffs. Blake didn't give his body any rest, going straight into training to try to better himself. He always blames himself on any losses, whether he's at fault or not. He didn't need to better himself. The team needed to better themselves as a whole. They weren't communicating and they weren't playing together as a team. In order to play good, the team needs to work together. They can't rely on one player to get them a victory. That's not what a team sport is about.

Before the WNBA season, the jerseys were added to Vanessa's clothing line. At almost every home game, I would see at least a few of them in the crowd. They came out really good, and half of the profit went to a lung and bone cancer awareness foundation.

The Sparks' started off the season undefeated, finally losing after the season was halfway over to Phoenix. We made it all the way to the final round in the playoffs, defending our championship until the end, where we lost to Atlanta.

During preseason, Blake injured his hand. After having surgery on it, we both decided to take a little vacation to get away from all the chaos. Blake would be out for a couple weeks, and I had nothing else to do since my season ended already. And, that's where we are right now. On a sandy beach in Australia. Blake decided the location. Its pretty nice. We have a cottage to ourselves, and our own section of beach to ourselves.

During the WNBA season, we bought a piece of land, and the construction of our house began. Blake gave me exactly what I asked for. A room dedicated to my art, and a walk in closet for myself. Its coming along beautifully, and will be finished by December. For now, we're staying with Taylor and Marieka.

"I don't want to leave!" Blake groaned, walking onto the porch. He was still dribbling with water from his shower. He took a seat next to me and looked out to the ocean view in front of us. "We should buy this cottage."

"We just bought a pricey piece of land and a pricey crew to build it." I commented.

"So, we can still afford to buy this."

"When would we use it?"

"I don't know, every so often we could just take time off and get away."

"We can't just do that in our line of work."

"Can we please buy it?" Blake looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"I'll think about it." I smirked. He grabbed my hand, pulling me up from my seat. "How's your hand?"

"Its good, I start PT when we get back."

This day was the most set back of the vacation. We spent most of our time soaking up the sun on the porch. Blake made us a nice lunch for someone who can't cook. When the sun set, we went inside to watch a movie in the bedroom. I changed into running shorts and a sports bra before laying down on the bed. Blake put a movie in, changed into basketball shorts and joined me on the bed. We spent almost the entire movie in silence until Blake decided to speak up.

"If we were to get engaged and married, how would you want it to be?" he asked. I giggled as he wrapped an arm around me. In the movie, two characters are getting married and just said their vows.

"I would want to be proposed to in front of all of our family and friends, and kind of just be at home." I explained. "I don't want anything too special, no long speech before the question is asked. I do want it videotaped and photographed though. And I want a black wedding dress, and the wedding to be in a country type setting."