T w e n t y o n e ~ "G i r l f r i e n d"

There are five seconds left in the game. Sparks ball. We're down by one. Candace nodded at me. That was my cue that she was gonna pass me that ball. I was the one to take the game winning or losing shot. That was real pressure. The ball was passed to me. I shot it up as the clock winded down. It got out of my hands just in time. The buzzer went off while it was still in the air. My eyes didn't come off of the basket. It didn't feel right when I shot it. It was going to miss. A burst of cheers and claps exploded. The ball went in. I smiled as I ran over to Candace. I jumped into her arms and wrapped my arms and legs around her.

"Great job rook! You were amazing!" she whispered. I jumped down. The whole team was handed the championship t-shirts and hats. The whole team gathered around the trophy that was held by Candace and Kristi to take a picture. We went to the locker room to continue our celebration. Kristi opened a bottle of champagne. Now this was a real celebration. After that, we did a press conference. Kylie ran over to me in the parking lot. She gave the biggest hug ever.

"Congrats!" she yelled.

"Thanks!" I said. I looked behind her. It was my family. They wouldn't even look at me. "How's the baby doing?"

"Great!" I nodded. There was an awkward silence. I looked everywhere to get out of this situation. Blake walked over to us. I sighed with relief.

"You're wearing my sweatshirt!" he said. I looked down. I was wearing it.

"You can have it back." I said. I began to take it off.

"No, its okay." Blake coughed. "Can we talk?"

I nodded.

"Do it in front of us so I can record it!" Kylie said. I looked at Blake with confusion. Kylie already started recording. Blake coughed. He looked everywhere but at me.

"Allyson, call me Ally, I have a very big question to ask you and your sister is making me nervous." he said. I giggled. "Will you, um," he coughed again, "be my, um, girlfriend?"

I thought I was dreaming. Did he really just ask me that?

"Yes, that would be really cool." I said. A big smile spread across his face. He hugged me. I squealed with excitement. I cannot wait to go home with him. This is literally the best day of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for the reads. It really means a lot to me!

Sorry for the short chapter. Tbh, I didn't know it was this short until I copy and pasted it from my notes.

Enjoy xx

Hydie Linn