O n e ~ "N e i g h b o r"

I sat in my car while I waited for the moving truck. My dog, Bandit, who was in a crate in the trunk of the car was moving around. I took that as a cue that he needed to go out. I got out and let him out. He ran to the grass in the front yard and peed. My dad drove up to my new house in his car with the moving truck right behind him.

"Hi daddy!" I said as he got out of the car. He pulled me into a side hug and we walked over to the truck. The driver opened it to reveal all my furniture.

"You got a lot of shit!" my dad said. "How did all this fit in your apartment along with Kylie's stuff?"

The mention of my sisters name made me miss her even more than I already did.

"It was a big apartment that you payed for." I said. "Which is why it was more like a penthouse."

My dad made me stay put while he brought mostly everything into my house. The rest of the stuff was too big for him to carry and he wouldn't let me help. I heard a car door shut and turned around to see who it was. My jaw dropped when I saw who my neighbor was.

"Dad!" I said. He turned to look at me. "My neighbor is Blake Griffin!"

"Maybe he could help." my dad said. He went to go walk over to him. I grabbed my dad's arm and pulled him back.

"He's famous, no!" My dad began to laugh.

"You're famous too. Besides, he's on his way over here."

I looked over to find that he was on his way over here. My cheeks turned bright red. I stood behind my dad while they shook hands and talked.

"Hey, I'm Blake." Blake said. "Do you guys need any help?"

"Yeah that would be nice." my dad said. "I'm Hugh and this is my daughter who is your new neighbor."

"Hi, what's your name?" he asked me. My cheeks turned bright red.

"Allyson, call me Ally." I said.

"Well, Allyson call me Ally, pleasure to have you as a neighbor."

Everything was all moved in. My dad left a few hours ago. Blake stuck around to help me arrange stuff differently than my dad did. After we were done, he watched me paint something a drew on my wall. It was a large skull with smaller skulls on the bottom and swirls along the top with a black background. In graffiti, it said Life After Dead. The mural was bordered in white with a smaller border in lime green. After I was done with the outline of everything, I sat on my bed.

"You're really good at this art thing." Blake said as he put my drawing pad down after looking through it.

"I majored in it in college." I said. "Basketball and drawing is something I'm best at. Nothing else."

We both chuckled.

"Have you seen LA before or any other part of Cali?" I shook my head no.

"I've been here to play away games and that's it. Haven't been out on the town or anything." I paused for a moment. "Like normal people go out and have fun after wins, but I would always go back to the hotel and study."

"Well, you're coming with me and we are going to have fun." I shook my head no again.

"I have to watch clips to see what I have to work on for this season and I have to video chat with my sister and I have to video chat my mom. I can't!"

Blake nodded in understanding. He then picked me up and walked out of my room. He carried me all the way outside and to his car. He even buckled me in which he didn't have to but it was cute. He drove me to a park. We walked to a fenced in area. Blake climbed the fence and jumped over.

"Come on!" he said. I did the same as he did. The fenced in area was like a skateboard park or something. It reminded me of the places I used to go with friends in high school when I was a gymnast. We were also into parkour so we would go to places like these to perform stunts and stuff. Damn, I miss home.