Promise

Y/n's Pov:

You looked in the mirror. Sickly purples, yellows and brown painted you skin. Lines of red covered you thighs and arms. Since the first time you had gotten beaten up its only gotten worse. They tapped notes saying things like slut, bitch, worthless. Text, post, they used anything they could to tear you down. But what had you done to them?

Since then you've only been getting worse. You stopped going out, you didn't even go down to the lair anymore. You went to school, you came home, you slept then repeated. You were just so done with everything. You were tired of thinking it was getting better then get hit by the feelings again.

You wiped tears away from your arms and looked out the window. What more was there to live for. You walked towards the window and lifted it up, stepped out onto the fire escape. You quickly climbed up the stairs. You walked a crossed the roof, a cold wind blowing your hair behind you. You stood at the ledge, you feet at the very edge and looked down. You took a deep breath, turned around and held your arms out. Ready to fall.

Donatello's Pov:

I ran to the Y/n's rooftop. If I was going to end it all I wanted to leave a note telling her how much, I loved and cared about her. I carefully placed the note on her desk that sat in front of her open window, then headed up to the rooftop.

I was shaking, I felt a sensation of tightness in my chest. 'Should I do this?' I thought to myself. 'It seems to be the only way.'

I stood on the rooftop just as I saw
Y/n turned around at the ledge of the roof. Before I could make a second thought I ran towards her. Immediate fear soaring through my veins. She started to lean back, I grabbed her arm as her feet fell from underneath her. I held her arm up as she dangled above what would have been a fatal fall.

Y/n's Pov:

You looked down, you feet dangling above the ground. Tears streamed down your face. You didn't know who saved you from your irrational decision. But you were thankful you did. You looked up, your e/c eyes locked with red-brown ones.

Donnie quickly pulled you up, pulling you into his lap then moving away from the ledge.

"Y/n what the shell were you thinking?!" He asked, his arms holding you close to him, you could feel his body shaking.

"I-i-i'm sorry!" You yelled, brusting into tears. You hugged him, crying into his shoulder.

Donnie swallowed, holding back tears he rubbed you back, trying to calm you down. He starred at the ledge. What if he hadn't been there in time. You wouldn't be here.

"I-I didn't, I-I couldn't," You started to say through sobs but gave up, you couldn't figure out which words to use.

"Just don't do it again," Donnie said, you nodded snuggling the wiped tears away from your eyes.

"Promise," You said weekly.