the world is ending and i am alone

One

"How is everyone?"

"They don't ask about you, so I assume they're fine."

"Oh."

"You're looking better than you were on your first day. How is your treatment going?"

"It's okay. I still feel uncomfortable. My therapist said I need to start talking more."

"Jungkook, you need to open up to them. Your therapist can't help unless you cooperate."

"I just don't like talking about my problems to strangers."

"Why are you being so difficult? Just tell them how you feel. Jungkook, I'm not spending all this money to keep you here if you're going to waste your time."

Jungkook stared at his mother intently. He anxiously rocked back and forth, trying to think of something to say. He didn't like being in this place. At first, he felt okay. But then he realized that there are so many people with severe problems who need this kind of professional help.

"I'm gonna come visit you again in a few weeks. If you haven't improved, we're going to have a serious talk with your doctor." His mother scolded. "Now behave, and I'll call you in a couple of days."

She stood up, wrapped her arms around his shoulders, and sighed.

"I love you, Jungkook. Try to forget those fake friends of yours. They obviously don't care where you're at."

Jungkook stayed silent and emotionless as his mother hugged him and bid her farewells. He didn't know how to feel about what she told him. It was hard to believe, but at the same time he felt like Kellen really was better off without him. And there was no way for him to find out what was true.

So he decided to take his mothers advice and try to forget about Kellen for the time being.

.

"Please eat something."

"Jimin, I don't think I can. I feel so sick and I'm really not hungry."

"Why are you like this? Is it because of Jungkook? He's gone, Kel. His mom said he just disappeared." Jimin explained. "He'll come back when he's ready."

"But why did he leave? I feel like I shouldn't have been so-"

"Don't blame yourself. It's his fault. Just please, there's so many things you're missing out on all over a boy who isn't even here."

Kellen looked at her friend and sighed. He was right about that last part. But Kellen knew she was partially at fault.

She stirred her spoon around in the bowl of soup in front of her.

Jungkook had been gone for a month now, and she felt horrible. She felt especially horrible for his mother. Although she didn't seem that upset when talking about him, Kellen still pitied her.

Jimin was still staying at Kellen's house, but he never talked about himself. He just did whatever he could to keep up his part. But Kellen was extremely grateful for the support he offered. He was basically her shrink, and he always listened to her rave about Jungkook and how special he is to her.

"Jimin?"

"Mm?"

"I want Jungkook to come back." She frowned. "I want him to be here with me."

Jimin sighed. "He'll come back. You know how much he loves you. He would never leave like this."

"Jimin?"

"Yes, Kellen?"

"I love him so much."

"I know, Kellen."

a/n: omg sorry idk i'm trying to lead up to something it's just taking forever