Dinner with Friends

It was finally the day that Bre had been waiting for she was going to dinner with Mike and her friends. They were meeting up with Aaron(her ex), his fiance Katie, her best friend Whitney, and her boyfriend David. She was rather nervous about the whole triple date thing, not only were her and Mike not together but she was torn between wanting them to stay just friends, and quit this whole borderline dating thing, and just jumping right in. She also had to worry about the possessive side to Mike, and how he was going to react to Aaron. Her relationship with Aaron had been very good but challenging, the break up however while mutual and friendly had been a nightmare, it took the two of them months to stop kissing and cuddling everytime it was just the two of them, even though Aaron and Katie were together. Things had been sorted out finally though, and they were able to see each other on occasion, but for safe measure they always went out in groups with there other half. Tonight was about Mike meeting her friends, and if he passed maybe just maybe she could finally introduce him to Bryan.

"Mike are you ready to leave?" Bre yells as she steps through his front door

"Yea, love I am ready to go, so who all are we meeting tonight?" Mike asks leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"Well we are meeting Whitney and David, and then my Ex Aaron and his fiance Katie." She said, while linking her arm through his.

"Your ex? Really Bre, why do I have to meet your Ex and better yet why on earth are you still friends with him. Tonight was supposed to be about meeting the people that are important to you, and you choose your ex, I can't believe you. You want us to be together and then you go and do something like this." Mike fumes, slamming the car door as he gets it

"Look Mike, I love you, but Aaron and me were friends before, and are still friends he has helped me through a lot and was there when I needed him, he is one of the few people that really know me, so yea he is important and ya your going to meet him tonight and you are going to behave." Bre yelled right back, turning to look out the window as soon as she had finished.

The two of the rode in silence the whole way to the restaurant, each lost in there own thoughts. Mike was confused, at why it was that he should be okay with meeting Bre's Ex, but also his thoughts were returning was seeing Bre a good idea, would he someday hurt her, he didn't know, but right now it looked like there was no way out. He had fallen for Bre, and he was going to make her his. Bre on the other hand was pissed. Why did He react that way, Aaron is her friend, and what right does he have to say who is important to her, or who she choses to invite to dinner or not. When they got the restaurant Mike gave her a kiss, but things were still tense. 

If the care ride was tense dinner was worse, Bre got in an argument with Whitney's boyfriend David, Mike was shooting daggers at Aaron the whole time, and the only two who seemed not mad at somebody were Katie and Whitney. After everyone had finished Aaron asked Bre if he would come with him for a moment. If it wasn't for the look that Bre shot him Mike would have stopped her, but thinking that he already had her mad he wasn't going to try his luck.

"Bre, I am worried about you and Mike, something seems off." Aaron said voice genuinely full of concern. 

"What do you mean Aaron? I trust you, and your instincts" Bre asked

"He seems controlling Bre. Even though we aren't together I still love you, and I still want what is best for you. Can I ask, do you love him? Is he a guy you can see your self with long term?" Again he was full of concern for Bre, no matter what he would always care about her. He had seen her go through hell learning to trust him, and he didn't want some guy just coming in and bringing back that scared girl that he had met 3 years before.

"A, yea I love him, I really do. And I think he is really trying to not be controlling, I just think that it is hard for him, most of my friends are guys, I live with a guy who he hasn't met yet. It is just complicated, and we aren't dating yet." She was so confused, and everything Aaron said was true, was Mike safe?

"Ok Bre Bre, I trust you, and know you can call me if you ever need me, and let him meet Bryan, Bryan always has your back." He pulled her into a hug and they walked back in to meet there dates.

The car ride home was still strained, and Bre decided to go home that night, she needed to talk to Bryan, and Mike needed to think about how he treated her. "Mike I am going home tonight, okay? I will come up on Sunday and we can spend the afternoon just us, but tonight I need to be home." 

"Its okay love, I understand. I was wrong, I promise I am trying baby please just promise that you will give me a chance." he pleaded

"I will Mikey, I will give us every chance in the book." came her soft response, she really had fallen for him