Chapter 19: Alleyways Are Dangerous

I woke up to Helen poking me on my nose. I rolled to face away from her, but she just rolled me to face her again. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Wake up, come on we are going to a cafe," Helen said with a smile, and yet again poking my nose. 

"I.... don't.... want to... get up Helen," I said between yawns. I stretched my arms and lightly hit something. I looked over to see Cody holding his nose. "OH NO I'M SORRY!"

"I'm fine, just I have a bloody nose," Cody mumbled getting up and rushing to the bathroom.

"What a way to wake up, getting punched in the face by the one girl you trust the most," Helen said standing up and walking to her suitcase.

Not funny Helen, I feel really bad," I said looking down at my lap and wringing my hands.

"Oh he'll be okay, YOU'RE OKAY RIGHT CODY?" she yelled so he could hear her through the door. 

"Yeah my nose is still bleeding and hurts, but I'm okay," he says opening the bathroom the door and coming to sit next to me.

"I'm sorry I punched you, it was on accident," I explained looking up at him. (I wanted to cry, but I held it in.)

"I'm fine Mila and it was an accident; although you should get going before we have to leave for Birmingham this afternoon," Cody suggested and gave me a small hug with his free arm.

"I don't want to leave you here alone, you might pass out," I stated reaching towards the nights stand and handing him the box of tissues that was there.

"Look it has stopped, see I'm fine."

"Okay, but call me if you need anything. I love you," I said kissing his forehead before getting up. 

I got dressed within 15 minutes, then Helen and I left to the cafe. It took another 20 minutes just to get to the cafe she wanted. It wasn't even a cafe, it was Starbucks. When we got there I gave her a look like "Really?".

"What it sounded good, and where we live there isn't one. This is a once in a life time chance," she explained as we walked through the doors.

"Sorry, I forgot about that. I'm just so used to travelling now," I explained.

As we were in line I felt like someone was watching me. I looked to my left to see three girls sitting at a table giggling and they looked away. I returned to facing forward.

"Whats wrong Mil?" Helen asked.

"Nothing it's just those girls over there, they keep look at me and giggling," I replied tilting my head towards them. 

Helen stood on her tip toes and looked over my head and saw them,"Yeah they are, wonder what their problem is. Just ignore them."

"Okay, so what are you getting?"

"Just an Iced Caramel Hot Chocolate, you?"

"Just a normal tea."

*****************************************************************************************************

~ 10 Minutes Later ~ Sitting At A Table Next To The 3 Giggly Girls ~

As Helen and I drank our tea and hot cocoa we talked about all the things we missed while apart. But sometimes our conversation would be interrupted by the three girls next to us. Two of them had brown hair, but only one wore glasses. While the second had red hair and wore to much make-up. 

"Hey would you like to explain what is so funny," Helen asked slamming her cup on the table. It made me jump, but I remembered how mad she got when people just stare and talk.

"Don't talk to me like that geek I think you should just..." the red head began, but I dumped my tea on her. "UGH THAT WAS SILK LITTLE BEACH!"

"Wow are you young that you can't swear properly?" I asked with a a smile, I haven't been this confident in ages. "Come on Helen, lets not waste our time on people who don't know how to swear."

As I was dragging Helen out she was yelling,"BUT I WANNA BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM SO THEY CAN KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE PUNCHED IN THE FACE!"

"SHUT UP HELEN!" I yelled over her yelling. I knew if we didn't leave we would have been kicked out. 

We were half way to the hotel, so we decided to take an ally way to get there faster. That's when  a group of five guys  walked out from a back door from a building. I looked over at Helen, I could see the worry in her eyes. All I knew is that these guys are drunk or drugged. 

"Hey girls how 'bout we go back into the club and we'll buy you some drinks and have some fun," the green haired guy asked. 

Helen and I started walking backwards when one of the guys dragged me down by my hair while they pushed Helen against a wall. They started kicking her when she dropped, and I tried fighting back, but I ran out of breathe. I was trying to take deep breathes; although I couldn't because one of the guys was holding me to the ground.

My vision was going blurry and my eyes heavy. I was going to pass out soon. Suddenly I felt the weight lift off of me. I rolled onto my back to see a two tall guys with black and red hoodies. The one in the black was holding the guy who I assumed was holding me to the ground.  While the one in the red was helping Helen balance. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my back which caused me to roll to my left away from the guy in the black. I curled in on myself to try and get rid of the pain but it didn't work.

"Mila, open your eyes love, MILA!! I heard Marcus say. I kept my eyes closed, it hurt to open them. "Mila come on we need you, Helen needs you."

Was I going to live, the pain in my back hurt to much to even know. I don't want to leave the people I love. 

I don't want to leave this world.