Chapter 25: Rude People

Marcus and I continued to leave the house, we ended up getting in the car because his aunt let us borrow it. I was surprised to hear he had a drivers license in Australia, although I didn't know that much about him so it was a chance to learn some new stuff about Marcus. His aunt lived a little ways out of town so we had to drive about ten minutes to the actual city of Sydney. I only wondered where we were going.

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked looking out the window there was endless trees and yellow wheat looking crops in fields, then we suddenly entered the city. (It kinda seemed like an awkward on land drop off at the time)

"I really don't know and I don't think you would know either, so how about...." he stopped talking when he began to think. And when he was in thought it seemed like he was trying to focus really hard on driving. It was something I had seen my brother do before.(How ironic right.) "I got it, we'll go to The Igloo, which is an ice cream parlor. Then we can go to a book store in the subdivision, it's really nice there you'll like it."

"Awesome, it The Igloo by the beach, 'cause for some odd reason I think it is."

"Yep right on the water front, it's shaped like and igloo, obviously, and has the best ice cream in all of Sydney," he said cheerfully, I swear he seemed like a 5 year old on Christmas morning.

"Okay whoa there buddy, chill out. So how do you know so much about Sydney?" I asked looking at him as we waited at a stop light.

"Well, um, my mum would send me here every summer so my dad her could have some alone time. Then they sent me during the middle of a school year so what ended up happening was my aunt adopted me because my mum and dad agreed to it. I got enrolled in school and a hard time making friends, but I ended up making a couple. Then I made covers online and met Cody and the rest of the boys shortly after through the internet. Of course it was hard being friends with them when I was so far away, but it all worked out. Then came the time where I was getting ready to having to choose wither to stay here in Sydney or go live with one of the boys. That's when Cody phoned me and told me his parents would be willing to take me in, so I went. Oh ta da the parlor," he said parking the car.

As we got out of the car I was still trying to comprehend how ruff it was for him. I couldn't imagine what that was like. When we walked in you could smell the sweet waffle cones and all of the delectable flavors of ice cream. The workers were quickly putting together huge ice cream cones with 7 or 8 scoops in all. While all of the people were waiting in 3 different lines.

Marcus grabbed my hand(Just want to clarify that it was in a friendly matter.) and guided me to the line on the far right of the building, it was the shortest. When we reached the line he let go of my hand, which made me stumble a bit and knock into the person in front of us. And boy was he mad.
"Oi mate watch it, don't go around bumping into people," he said loudly.
"Sir there is no reason to talk to a woman like that, any woman for that matter no matter what happened. She bumped into you on accident, now apologize please," Marcus through gritted teeth. You could tell he was getting mad.
"Marcus its okay, just calm down please," I stated as I put my hand on his shoulder.
All of a sudden a woman walked over, " Now what seems to be the trouble today Mr. May."