Chapter 28: Happily Ever After

~10 years later~ The Present ~

Cody was coming back from a reunion tour and our two kids wanted to greet him at the airport. Arylynn, our daughter, and our eon Jackson were sleeping so I had to go wake them up. Though they didn't know it yet, they are adopted. Arylynn is from Germany and Jackson is from Spain. We adopted Arylynn a year after we married and Jackson after three years, both were newborns.

Cody and I have been married for eight years, making Arylynn seven and Jackson five. Our wedding was in Scotland and now we live in Hobart, Tasmania. The kids refer to Barry, Marcus, and Lawrence as their uncles.

Shortly after Cody and I married, Helen and Barry got married and they live in London, England. Then a two years after that Lawrence and Bree got married and now live in L.A. Helen and Barry have two biological kids named Jean and James, twins. Lawrence and Bree have three boys named Joey, Mason, and Brandon.

When I woke up the kids they were all ready dressed and wide awake. Arylynn said she hadn't slept all night and Jackson said that he only slept a little bit. I put them in their car seats and drove to the airport.

Arriving at the airport was chaotic, who would expect it not to be. I held Jackson on my waist and kept a tight, but gentle grip on Arylynn's hand as we headed to the gates. I asked one of the staff which gate the flight from Seoul, Korea was coming from. She replied saying it was Gate 45.

I walked towards the gate, pushing through the crowd towards the front. Before even making it to to the front of the crowd the screaming started. I quickly pulled Arylynn toward me making sure to hold her close to my body along with Jackson. The crowd pushed past us as the kids held tightly to my body.

Suddenly I felt arms wrap around the kids and I. I looked up to see Cody, he placed his head on mine. The kids looked up and screamed, "Daddy!"

"Hey kids, did you miss me?" Cody asked kissing each of our heads.

"Sir, let's get you and your family home safely," Gerald, Codys body guard of five years said.

"I brought the kids here in the car so why don't we just take that?" I asked as I handed Jackson to Cody. 

"That'll be fine, I'll have one of the other body guards take the van to your house," Gerald said and walked to help the others fend off the fans.

"Can we go home now Mama?" Arylynn asked. I nodded in reply and began walking hand in hand with Cody and Arylynn back to the car.

******************************
So this is the end of my tale. I now live happily with Cody and the kids. Marcus still has yet to find himself a girl but he will get there. The rest of the band is living happily as well. The kids love growing up in Hobart and I love living there. So does Cody when he is home.

Hopefully you loved the story I had to tell. Oh and about the book, The Peppermint Bear, the kids love it as much as I do. As for the library it came from we now own it, even though it is in London we have taken over since Grandfather(the original shop owner) passed five years ago.

Anyways now I, Mila, want you to share your story. Mine ended well and even if yours didn't still tell it. I would love to read it. So long my fellow music loving friends.