Chapter 22:

I fell asleep shortly after the second film began. My head was laying on Cody's chest as he had his arm around me. I was super tired when I fell asleep; I was trying to fight the urge of sleeping. I obviously failed at that part. 

I woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes. I opened my eyes slowly as the sunlight shone in my eyes. I rubbed my eyes, realizing that I was still lying on Cody's chest. (I obviously didn't move at all, which at the time was unusual for me.)

"Morning sunshine,"Cody stated with a smile.

"Morning.... did.. you sleep..at all?" I asked between yawns. 

"Yeah, but we might want to get downstairs soon, the boys are coming over in bout an hour," he said getting up. "I'll let you get dressed, I'm going to bring the films and stuff downstairs."

I nodded and walked to my suitcase. I looked out the window, though the sun was shining it seemed windy. I decided skinny jeans and a white and black striped sweater. Once I got changed, I brushed my teeth and hair. I also grabbed my book and glasses.

Once I got downstairs Mrs. Heart greeted me with a warm hug. I hugged back, not wanting to be rude. Over her shoulder I saw Mr. Heart reading a newspaper and sipping on tea, while Cody sat across from him eating some sort of cereal.

"Would you like anything dear?" Mrs. Heart asked me as I sat next to Cody.

"Could I just have some tea please and a slice of toast?" I asked, I wasn't very hungry.

"Sure dear, it'll be a minute though," Mrs. Heart said. 

"Did you sleep well Mila, Cody said you passed out pretty quick,"Mr. Heart said with a smile over his paper.

"Yes, thanks Mr. Heart," I said. Cody was being awfully quite for some reason. He got up and put his bowl in the sink, than came to sit back down. "Cody whats going on?"

"Huh, what do you mean," he said and then one of the boys came in screaming something about how pizza and ice-cream were the best foods on the planet. It was probably Marcus.

"Boys you know you do not come into my house screaming your bloody head off, if you are going to do that then go to a football match," Mrs. Heart said sternly. You could tell she was mad, her eyes were narrowed and her Scottish accent came out.

"Sorry Mum," all of the boys said at the same time. (At the time I was surprised that they called her mum, but I'm not so much anymore.)

"Hey, uh Mila could I talk to you for a minute?" Lawrence asked.

"Sure," I replied standing up. 

Lawrence led me out onto the front porch and closed the door. Then he said," Your friend Bree will be coming along once we get to Australia. I don't know where we will meet her, probably in Perth, but umm...."

"But?" I asked, Lawrence cut off in the middle of his sentence and was biting his lip. Over the past few months I noticed he does that when he is nervous or bored and right now I think he is nervous.

"Uh she, how do I put this. Um I like her and I don't know if she likes me," He proceeded almost to the point where I couldn't hear him. 

"But you've never met her, and what about Nolan is he going back home?"

"Nolan is going back home, and Bree and I have been in touch for the past few days. I called her to tell her what happened to you and Helen. She cried a little bit then let me explain that you two weren't dead. I've been keeping her up to date with everythin' and honestly she seems really nice."

"Okay do whatever you want, oh and by the way I don't know it she likes you or not cause I haven't talked to her in ages," I said going back inside.

When I got back to the table my toast and tea were sitting there. The other boys were eating oatmeal and drinking milk. I sat down next to Cody and took a bite out of my toast. Somehow Mrs. Heart knew exactly how much butter to put onto my toast, then I wondered. Did Cody tell her. 

"So what did Lawrence want to talk to you about?"