Chapter 9: Bad Dreams and Insecurities

I had fallen asleep not long after I got settled. I thought bout my Mum and how I would have to call her in the morning; bout how being with the band brought out the crazy me. The real me.

I went into one of my most hated dream lands.

~Dream~

I was about 7, I was hiding the people I loved in a corner. I knew the bad people would start coming soon. I told them to stay while I  brought the bad men away from them.

It was to late I was grabbed from behind and taken to the firehouse part of the building.  I looked behind me to see who my kidnapper was; it was an evil man with horrible clown makeup. He was taking me away from my friends, family, the band.

"You'll never escape again,"  he said with the most evil laugh ever.

~End of Dream~

I woke up trying so hard not to scream. Sweat was running down my forehead, and I felt sick. I got up quitely and walked to the bathroom. 

I made it to the bathroom and threw up. Why was this happening; why was I having dreams bout being taken again? Why were the evil people out to get me again?

After I washed up, I went to the mini fridge and got a water.  I felt horrible, not to mention I felt like I was in my 7 year old self.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone ask which made me jump. (Thank god that water bottle was closed)

Lizzy was sitting in the both area, I shook my head and sat across from her. I told her what happened and felt a lot better. I went back to bed after I talked it out.

I didn't have another horrible dream. I didn't have any bad dreams in fact. I just hadn't remembered them when I woke up.

***********************************************************************************************

~ 12:00 pm the next day~

We were back at the venue; we found out that The Energizers manager forgot to book a hotel that's why we would be staying in the bus.  We weren't to pleased with the information. 

We were eating lunch; we were listening to the radio because we had nothing else to do. The weather man said there is a small chance of rain. Then a song from the 60's came on. I didn't know what it was but it made me bop my head a few times.

When we were finished eating Lawrence, Cody, and Marcus went to get their guitars. I sat with Barry in silence for bout 5 minutes.

"So how do you like touring with us?" he asked out of no where.

"I love it, I just wish I had something to do while you guys are on stage," I said with a smile. " When the others come back I'll go and get the book I brought from the bus."

"Okay, I bet watching us every other night can get boring," Barry said hanging his head.

"It's not like that, its just sometimes I can't stay in the crowd or even back stage because it can become to much for me," I explained. Just then the boys walked in with confused looks. "Okay I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Lawrence asked.

"I'm going out to the bus to get my book."

"Do you want one of us to go with you, you never know if there will be some fans out there?" Marcus asked.

"No I'll be fine," I said walking out of the room.

I closed the door behind me, I stood out side the door just see what would happen. I could hear the low murmur of the boys talking. I began walking out of the venue and something felt off.

I proceeded to walk out, ignoring the feeling in my gut. I went to open the bus door, when I heard someone yell. I turned around. There was this girl with really blonde hair, was skinny, very pretty, and somewhat tall. ( You see I have this phobia called Atelophobia, meaning I am afraid of not being good enough. I know its sounds like every teenage girls fear, but I don't care cause that is one of my many phobias. I have this phobia, because I am a little chubby, I don't wear makeup, and I just don't think I'm the prettiest. I think the band can see that though.)

"HEY WHO ARE YOU?" she yelled from behind a metal fence.

I walked over to her," I'm here with a band called The Energizers."

"Oh so your the girl they've been lugging around, couldn't they have picked someone prettier," she said with a huff. "Your ugly and have no beauty what so ever."

I wanted to punch her, but the want to cry was more powerful. I had nothing to say, I felt a few tears running down my face. I've dealt with bullies before, but none of them had said this kind of stuff to me. I felt my self esteem level going down. 

"Yeah you're just a little ugly nobody," she said. I could see her taking in my hurt. "You shouldn't......."

She stared behind me, now the tears we just rolling down my face. It looked like Marcus but I couldn't tell until he called my name. Without realising it I dropped to the ground that made him run towards me.

"Marcus, oh my god, I can't believe it," the blonde girl said with tears.

"Mila are you okay?" he asked kneeling down beside me. TO much drama was going on I was actually thinking bout telling them I was gonna go home. I shook my head in reply to his question. "What happened?"

"Marcus can I have your autograph?" The girl asked with a totally fake smile. 

"Come on we'll go in," he said completely ignoring her and helping me up. 

The girl kept yelling after us till we got to the back of the venue. We went back to the room that was reserved for the band. The boys looked at me concerned, I didn't I just laid down on one of the couches in the room.

Marcus was telling the boys he didn't know what happened. Just that he found me crying and a blonde girl would not stop asking for and autograph. Marcus was furious, he almost broke all of the guitar strings on his bass so they had to take it from him.

Again I began wondering why they cared so much. What that girl could had said was probably true. I'm not good enough to be friends, let alone know the band. I'm not good enough. These thoughts made me cry even more.