Chapter 24: Big Brother

The boys went to perform and took Bree with them. I stayed back and began to finish up the work I had left over from being in the hospital; although according to my mother the school said I was excelling so fast that I had graduated. So even though I excelled I still wanted to finish my work.

I fell asleep about 30 minutes before the concert was done because I heard someone open the door. It was Cody, he came round and sat next to my on the bed. I turned over and switched on the light and then sat up, "Why aren't you going to your room to sleep?"

"Cause I wanted to see if you were asleep or not cause I want to talk to you," he said with a smile.

"Well, what is it?" I asked.

"I think you should hang out with the boys some more cause they are missing you. They don't get to see you often like I do, they kinda think I'm hogging you."

"Well that's good cause I was thinking earlier today that I needed to hang out with them more. I need to put myself out of my comfort zone a bit."

"Well I think you should start with Marcus he's been feeling a bit down lately. I think he is just lonely," Cody stated while looking blankly staring out the window.

"Hey I got this, I can cheer him up. Trust me," I smiled putting my hand on his shoulder. Then I gave him a hug.

*****************************************************************************************************

~Next Day~9:15 AM~

When I got up I went straight downstairs thinking someone would be up. Boy was I wrong, everything on the first floor was dead silent, all you could hear was the creaking of the old as I walked. I was carefully walking so I wouldn't wake anybody up. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, it made me jump.
"What are you doing up so early," Marcus asked.
" well I got up early because I thought everybody else was going to be up. I also got up thinking that I wasn't going to get scared this morning, I said putting NY hands on my hips.
"Sorry Mil I didn't mean to. I'm going to go back to bed now," Marcus mumbled and began to turn back towards the stairs.
"Oh no you aren't, you are coming with me," I said as I pulled him round to a seat at the kitchen island. "Me and you are going to hang out' just me and you."
He looked shocked,"Me, why?"
Because we can and I haven't hung out with you that much so come on eat some cereal and go get ready to leave when you are done' I said sliding a bowel, cereal box, spoon, and milk across the island to Marcus.
I left him there to eat while I got ready. When I walked into the room I went to the closet and pulled out my bag. I knew it was going to be warm so I decided to wear jean shorts and my black Crystal Chains band T-shirt. Crystal Chains was an old band from the 90's that was semi mainstream. (Although their music was AWESOME.) Then I put my socks on then my black and white high tops. I also grabbed a sweat shirt just in case and tied it around my waist.
After getting dressed I brushed my teeth and hair. I put my hair up in its normal ponytail with a plain black headband. After I was dine getting ready I went downstairs to see all the boys sitting at the dining room table off of the kitchen; although u didn't see Marcus. I was about to walk into the dining room when out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure standing at the door. When I turned around fully I knew it was Marcus. He himself was wearing black skinny jeans and band T-shirt. (The band was called Lightning Cove, and at the time I had never heard of them.)
"Ready to go?" Marcus asked.
"Yep, let's go," I said as he opened the door and waited for me to walk out.
When he came out we began to walk up the street, when he slung his arm around my shoulder. But it wasn't like he was flirting with me, it was Luke he was being a VoG brother. And though I had a half brother at home, it seemed like Marcus was being the brother I never had.