Chapter 28

We laid in bed cuddling. Not speaking, just cuddling. Harry was running his large hands through my hair. I was laid on his chest, listening to the thumps his heart beat was indenting into his skin, tracing circles into his bare skin.

" Babe, why did you dad come earlier?" He asked me.

" Because my ex is back." 

" Where?" 

" He's stopped outside my mum and dads for 2 days, waiting for me. But i don't want to talk about it." 

Everything fell silent and limply Harry's hands stroked through my hair. 

" Can i ask you something?" Harry asked.

" Depends."

" What did he do?" 

I gulped, i didn't really like telling people. I didn't want to bring up my past.

" You don't have to tell me." He his rough voice spoke. I sat up, and Harry proped himself up against the headboard.

" Mine and Jakes relationship was perfect to begin with, he was so loving and caring, i thought he really cared about me. But then he wanted to sleep in the same bed as me, i agreed. Nothing could happen. But the first night i did, he tried having sex with me." I explained.

" What do you mean tried?" 

" He raped me." I chocked on my tears. Harry brought me into a hug. " Don't cry." Harry rocked me slowly like a baby.

Once i got my breath back i carried on. " From then on i slept in a different bed. 3 weeks later, i was late on. I took a pregnancy test and i was pregnant." 

" Hold on, you told me your were a virgin?" 

" I'm so sorry Harry, i didn't want you too know, because it was a no strings attached relationship back then." 

" You lied to me."

" Harry, i had no choice. I didn't want to bring up my past so early in the relationship and scare you, i thought you'd understand." 

It took a while for Harry to come round. " Carry on." Harry kissed the top of my head.

" I told Jake, He wasn't happy, at all. We started arguing. I said i was getting an abortion. He grabbed me by my arms and started hitting my stomach. I screamed out in pain. I was so scared. He then picked up a glass vase with flowers in. He threw it at my head. As i tried to get up to run. He pulled me by my legs and dragged me along the glass." Silent tears were falling down my face.

" You don't have to continue." Harry explained.

" Nope, i'm going too." 

He nodded. 

" I finally got up whilst Jake  was on the bed, his head in his hands. I tried to run out of the room and run down the stairs. Jake caught me at the top of the stairs by my arm and pushed me down. He then stepped over my body and left. I was left on the ground for 3 days before anyone came for me. I dislocated my shoulder and had very bad wounds and i'd fractured my leg. My face was swollen. I was mess. But the baby was still alive." 

Harry looked at me shocked. " You're a mum." I nodded. " But then Jake found out the baby was still alive. He hired someone to perform a hit and run on me. I was 20 weeks pregnant and he knocked me down like a domino. I'd just gone out for a pint of milk. That was it. The car hit me, and left me. Loads of people rushed my aid. I lost the baby there and then." 

" Why did he do it?" Harry asked.

" Because he was sleeping with my best friend and she was pregnant too. But he'd told her we weren't together no-more. She believed him. Didn't ask me."

" I thought Chloe and Amelia were you best friends?" 

" So was Holly. She knew everything about me getting abused by Jake but refused to tell anyone. She planned most of it. I didn't press charges, but he got a restraining order. He isn't aloud within 20ft of me. If he breaks this, instant prison sentence."

Harry rocked me back and forth, shush-ing my cries. 

" Can i see the scars?" Harry asked.

" Why?"

" I want to see them." 

I pulled down the quilt and showed my scars, they were faint now. But they were still there. Still a constant reminder of the abusive relationship that i had and that i'll never forget. 

-

So i've reached 1,000 reads! THANK-YOU SO MUCH!! Means the world! 

So heres an extra chapter to celebrate. So you now know about Kyra's abusive past. You know about her ex Jake.