Chapter Four

Chapter 4

There are no other students in the academy besides us. Every district has their respective examination schedules. We are the last one to have the test. If I'm smart enough to pass this exam, I'll get to see the other districts' students on the opening day, which will be two weeks from now.

The administrators of the examination are waiting outside the school. They are in one horizontal line stretching from the ends of the castle-like school. As expected, they are all in their respective district uniforms, which make them noticeable.

I see five people on the left, two women and three men, in black with flame designs on their capes and same way goes on the tip of their pants; its tri-colour, blue on the bottom, then yellow followed by red. The colours on their uniforms make them look like human torches; they are from Argon, the district of fire. Standing next to the last Argonian are three dark men and one old fat lady, whose faces are so kind and approachable. They are from the north, Erda, the earth district. The two men are wearing white slacks and brown long sleeve suits with touches of green on its edges while the old lady is wearing brown skirt – knee level and brown sleeved suit that rolls up to her elbow, and on her neck is a long green gem necklace. On the right side I see five beautiful creatures. I have never seen such perfection. Three young gorgeous ladies with the hair colours of red, aqua blue and blonde, stand in their heels, I think their ages are from twenty five to forty; they are wearing short – above the knee dark green skirts, revealing their long beautiful skinny placid legs – and raffled jade suits. The two men, whose face structures are like of the gods I have seen in my books, are wearing white slacks and fitted turquoise V- neck shirts. They are from Unda, the water district. On the right side of the Mermaids stands four gentlemen; dark blue slacks with white linings and their suits are of the combination of light blue and white. They look like seraphim with blond hairs and angelic faces, I doubt it if they know how to hurt someone. They are from the district of peace, Ventus, air is their power. On their right side stands one barely breathing man, in his thirties, I guess. He is wearing big circular glasses, gray slacks and maroon suit. He is thin, like the most of us, which makes him from Sapius – the district of thinkers. In the middle stand five people; tree women and two men. They have the same clothes like the one Professor Nylon Watts is wearing – all white with gold accents. They reside here in Kentron, the capital district of Ezmer - the district of the specials and the Royal family.

An old, big man, in his sixties, I assume, opens his mouth, "Welcome," He starts clearing his deep rustic voice that echoes until the Dark Forest. "Welcome students of Sapius to Whitehorn Academy!" he continues, "Today, you have the power to change your fate... forever. So make no mistake, think a thousand times before writing. Because each wrong answer you give us may cause you lifelong poverty." His voice still echoes after he was done speaking. I can still hear the word poverty all over the place. His speech sounded more like of a precaution rather than welcoming. But he is absolutely correct. We need this education more than any other district.

We are instructed to file two lines; one for boys and one for girls, alphabetically. I see Professor Watts walking towards my direction. Since my surname is Valtimore, I am almost in the end of the line. "Go to Professor Filewalker before the exam starts, she may have something for those." He looks at my swelling hands, I almost forget about the pain until he reminds me.

The exam starts in ten minutes, will I be able to write in these hands? And how will I know who is Professor Filewalker, go figure I guess? "I...don't know who she is, sir" I say sheepishly.

"Are you sure you are ready for the exam?" He asks.

"Well of course, sir" I say firmly. I have been preparing my whole life for this examination.