Chapter 8

Being in Chris' office with a majority of the captains had to be the most nerve wrecking thing ever. About less than half of them were perfectly  fine with me being a captain. The remaining rest believed I had no place there at all. They thought that I should be in the stereotypical department of medical, that's where all of the girls were. Not only did they have a problem with me, but also with Mika considering she was a commander. "Just ignore them, I feel the same way and know for a fact that we can take them all. But don't, they're not worth it at all, the sooner this gets done and over with the sooner we can all go home." Sometimes I hated how well Mikaela knew me. 

I could see a figure heading right towards where I was. They were moving very graceful and appeared as if they were just gliding through the crowd. Oh god just look at him. He's so insanely fucking handsome. Unf I mean Unf. Wait why do we have a fluttering feeling when we see him. It's not the tingle but very, very simialr. Does that mean we love him too?! Oh girl I hope not because that will get us in to a lot of trouble. I like the idea of two men but we just can't. We love Dean right? RIGHT? I don't know, all I do know is this guy is beautiful and I want to stare at him forever. Without creeping him out of course. "Hello Cande, looks like you have healed up rather nicely if I may say." Adrian payed no attention to Dean or anyone else I was with. He acted as if it had just been the two of us in the noisy room. "Hello Adrian, yes I'm doing much, much better thank you. You don't look too bad yourself."  I smiled and felt my cheeks start to slightly burn letting me know that they were probably changing color. NO I told you to behave. That probably sounds like you're flirting with him, I think you are but no. We're with Dean, we love Dean! Just ignore the fluttering feeling we get with Adrian it feels nice but don't let it get to you. I think it means you love him. Is that even possible for you to love two? Either way ignore it before your feelings ruin everything we have with Dean!! 

For once as odd as it is for me to admit, the little voice was right. I needed to push any feelings I had for Adrian to the back of my mind or completely out for that matter. I could see Dean begin to shift his weight on his feet. "Adrian this is Dean, he's my boy." "Fiance." Dean cut me off firmly grasping Adrian's hand as he shook it. "Fiance, of course you know Mika, this is Aiden, he's Mika's love." Adrian went about shaking all of their hands to be polite. "Wow I didn't think the next time I would see you, you would be engaged Cande. That never seemed to be you. But hey since you found someone you want to spend the rest of your life with I guess that means it's real. I'm happy for you though, really I am. It's nice to see you in much better condition than how I saved you in Tokyo. I have to go find Yence, he always wanders off when I'm not looking. See you around." I couldn't be sure but it seemed as if there was something under lying in Adrian's statement  about being engaged to Dean and Dean being the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. There probably wasn't, I was just probably a bit freaked out with him being around Dean. With him being the one I had kissed in Tokyo. I shouldn't still feel bad about that, Dean and I weren't even together at the time. "So that's the Adrian you were with for a month with no communication over here?" Make him stop reading our mind! I don't like him in our head, you know what I think about more than half the time. This is no place for Dean or anyone besides us! Keep him out, what if we think about Adrian?! I'm not safe, you're supposed to protect me from this kind of stuff and you're not. You suck Cande Luna!!

I didn't have to look at Dean to know he was making a horrible face. I could just hear it in his voice, I knew exactly what he was getting at. "Dean." Was all I said to let him know that now wasn't the time for him to be his overprotective jealous self. "Captain Luna, Doctor Adrian, Yence if you will." Chris called from the front of the room. I looked over at Dean and all he did was shrug knowing about as much as I did. Hahaha look Yence is the little leprechaun! He's so tiny! Why isn't he wearing a little green suit and have a pipe in his wee mouth. Hahaha wee! Get it? It means  tiny but in leprechaun speak. Not really but you know what I mean. Oh god I'm so funny!! 

Infront of everyone Adrian went on about how he had found somewhat of a cure. He talked refrencing to the pictures that were going as a slide show. "I found the closest thing to a cure is the blood of a Daygeo palnt mixed with the perfect proportion of." "Don't say it. Don't say it. Don't say it." I repeated in my head over and over again, hoping that for some reason he could hear me and would make something up. He looked over at me and stopped talking, causing Yence to frown at him. "Oh uh mixed with the blood of of the desert star and a couple of other chemicals. Now I know that mixing the Desert star and Daygo is very dangerous and their contents are often found in bombs and other explosives. But with equal proportions they have some sort of a healing agent. Captain Luna was there when I injected the pod with the antidote, it started to turn but something happened and in the end it ended up dying."  "I heard the blood of an immortal can heal everything. Their blood is capable to revive those close to death. Not only that but I also heard that the blood of an immortal had been injected into a pod and it cured it completely. Now tell me if it's true why don't we capture all of the immortals and use them for their blood. They will never die and just keep producing blood which in the long run would cure us all." A voice called out from the crowd causing a ruckus. "There's an immortal right there! Grab her and we'll do a test!" 

In the crowd I could see Mika, Dean and Aiden fighting their way through the crowd just in case the situation got out of control. They bull dowsed over anyone that got in their way separating myself from them. Chris stepped in front of me to block me from the slowly approaching crowd. "First of all you must tell me who is mixing bloods. Because you all know that, that is extremely dangerous and Illegal so I need to know who is that big of an idiot to be doing such. Second of all Captain Luna is not an immortal. See for your self." Chris pulled out a scanner and scanned my neck in the exact place he had injected me with the hybrid blood. "Hybrid." The wall read where Adrian's slide show had been. "Get to my office." Chris whispered as werewolf guards entered the room in riot gear as a precaution. I nodded as quickly fled the room once in the hall I bolted to his office. I could hear foot falls behind me but feared too much to look back. What if someone had followed me out that had gotten worked up at the meeting. I never stopped running until I got to the safety of Chris' office and slammed the door shut, locking it behind me.