Chapter 9

Disclaimer: The song does not belong to me.

Warning (Note?): A little different from other chapters. If emotional, have a box of tissue near-by.

You woke up to only the same scenery you woke up before but it was night time. The trees around you looked older but only slightly. You look at the tree that was behind you. It still had the same glow as it did before and it didn't look any different. You wondered how far you traveled through this time.

Something tells me that there's not much of a difference.

You grunted and rubbed your face as you lay flat against the grass.

"Why am I here?" you mumbled. You stopped rubbing as you realized there must be a purpose why you were in the past. Your thoughts were interrupted by the familiar cry of a boy.

Hiccup, I'm coming. You rushed and pushed your legs faster to the distressed call. You stepped into an opened field area but the boy was no where in sight. You searched for him. Shortly after, you found him curled up in a ball and hiding in a bush. "Hiccup, what's wrong?" you called.

The boy looked up in surprise. When he saw you, he sniffled and wiped his tears away. "It's you, Ragna." You studied his features. You saw he looked different from the last time you saw him. This definitely confirmed your question.

"I'm glad you remember me, Hiccup." You smiled.

"Same to you," he smiled sadly.

"Why are you out here at night?" you asked, "you know, it's dangerous."

"I know but I got lost. I was trying to find my way back but I came across a dragon and I got scared. It chased me and I managed to get away but I'm scared that it's still out there." He explained.

"It's alright," you assured, "I'm here, now." You went to go sit next to him.

He hummed. He eyes still had tears as he tries to wipe them away. You looked at him as his tears slowed down but didn't stop. A thought lingered, debating whether to help him cheer up with a song that your mother sang to you when you were little...or make small talk.

You chose small talk.

"Do you remember this place? This is where I first found you." You made a small smile.

He nodded.

"How old are you, Hiccup?" You tried again.

He didn't answer this time. He only continued on rubbing his eyes.

"Uh..." you said awkwardly, "Are you ten?" You tried studying his features to guess his age but it was hard, especially since he wasn't the average viking size.

He shook his head slowly.

"Am I close?"

He nodded.

"Uh, oh! Eleven?" you asked.

He nodded his head again.

I'm getting no where with this.

You sighed, having no choice.

"Come, stop your crying,

It will be all right."

You caught his attention as you sang softly. You started to wipe his tears away. You didn't have much of a singing voice but you figured it was just once and it was for Hiccup.

"Just take my hand,

Hold it tight."

You wiped the rest of the tears away. You began to pull away when he suddenly grabbed your hand with both of his. He squeezed your hand slightly as you let him hold it. You squeezed back. You decided to pull him to your side and have him rest his head on your shoulder.