Chapter 10

"Hiccup, are you home?"

"I'm up here, [Name]!"

You followed the voice upstairs into his room. You found him rumbling around his desk trying to gather pieces of paper together.

"Hey, Hiccup," you greeted.

"Oh, hey, [Name], what do you need?" He looked back towards you and gave you a small smile.

"I just came to see if you were alright," you said slowly, "you weren't here when I came here earlier to see if you were okay. No one was here. Your door was wide open. I was worried something happened to you."

"I'm just fine," Hiccup shook his head with a small smile, "You don't need to worry about me." With that, he walked away and out of his room.

Your head felt heavy with guilt as you looked down to the floor.

~.~.~

That flash of light didn't happen like last time during that night.You decided to lay in the tree you woke up at to avoid any conflict with animals. You stared up at the night sky. Why am I here? You thought of the recent places you went. Am I here to watch over Hiccup as a guardian or something? You left the question to be unanswered as your eyelids started getting heavier.

You woke up just in time for sunrise. It was breathtaking. It reminded you of your timeline when you were with Hiccup. Your stomach grumbled slightly, begging for it to be fed. You walked to the direction of Berk.

When you entered, no one really noticed you because they were doing their morning routines. You came across a shop near the decks that was selling fruit and vegetables. You shuffled your pockets for any coins.

"How may I help you, dear?" the woman clerked asked.

"Just two apples, please." I answered.

She asked for the price and you gave her the amount you luckily had. In return, she gave you a cloth bag filled with two fresh apples.

Your kind smile turned into a look of shock when you heard a loud exploding like noise and then shouting nearby. "What was that?" you asked curiously.

"You must be talking about Gobber's shop," the clerk started, "apparently, the blacksmith has Stoick's boy as a new apprentice. I feel sorry for that man."

You scrunched you eyebrows. "Why do you feel sorry?" you asked.

"Hiccup is infamous for a small body  and weak arms. He can't even walk correctly. He's so weak." The clerk shrugged.

You felt your skin crawl and your blood boil. "Hiccup is not weak!" You didn't even get to absorb her reaction because you heard another crash and rushed down to see the commotion.

You walked in the blacksmith's shop looking around for the little brute-headed boy.

"Watch where you're flinging those bolas!" You heard Gobber shout. "Now, I have to get another bucket of water," he paused, "Don't touch anything, you hear?" Then, he left with an empty bucket.

When he was gone, you approached Hiccup, "So, first day on the job?"

Hiccup gasped in surprise, "Ragna!"

"Hello, Hiccup," you greeted with a smile.

"I thought you left," he wondered.

"Nope," you shook your head slightly, "but I am leaving soon."

"Oh," he saddened, "how much longer are you going to be here?"

"I honestly don't know, Hiccup." You shook your head.