Chapter 19

Hiccup couldn't concentrate to save his life.

Literally.

"Alright, gang," Hiccup said sternly, "we need to push back Dagur quick so we can find [Name], the sooner the better."

"Hiccup, I'll say this again," Astrid warned, "I know you're worried for her. We all are, but if you don't get your head out of the clouds, you'll hurt yourself."

"Astrid's right," Snotlout interjected, "Of all people, we need you to stay focus."

"Okay, okay, I get it," Hiccup rolled his eyes, "Fishlegs, Ruff, Tuff, I need you guys to stay in the air and get as many ships distracted as you can. Twins, don't be afraid to blow some stuff up."

The twins cheered and high-five each other.

"Snotlout and Astrid, you'll come with me. We're aiming low. It'll be hard to catch us but easy for us to attack."

They nodded in agreement.

"Let's move."

~.~.~

Try as he might, he couldn't stay concentrated. He was on a boat when he was captured but immediately was free with the help of Astrid. She stuck around only to busy herself with beating each opponent to a pulp.

He had to deal with the leader.

Like always.

"What's wrong, Hiccup?" Dagur grinned, "You don't seem to be in the right mind." To emphasis his point, he tapped his own temple.

Hiccup scowled, "You're the reason I'm like this."

Dagur just kept grinning, "What do you mean, Brother?"

Hiccup growled lowly, "I'm not your brother!" He attacked him with one of the Gronkle iron sword only for Dagur to dodge.

"Hm, what's got your trousers in a twist," Dagur dodged again while mocking his brother. "I see that you're short one. Is that it?"

Hiccup's face couldn't help but redden and grow scarier.

"So," Dagur eyes' sparked with the new information, "she is finally out of this world."

Hiccup froze from hearing his statement.

He killed her!

Hiccup cried out a battle cry and swung his sword and broke Dagur's weapon. He swung again in anger but Dagur dodged in time. Hiccup was too angry to see what Dagur was dragging him into. Hiccup repeatedly swung not seeing where he was stepping at. Dagur saw him step near a rope and took the advantage to trip Hiccup temporally to escape his rage.

"Fall back," Dagur ordered his crew.

Hiccup grunted, still not wanting to give up. He had more trouble and didn't expect the rope to be more tangled than what it seemed to be. He had trouble getting it off giving Dagur enough time to escape and sail a good distance away.

"Toothless!" Hiccup called desperately. He was not about to lose Dagur for what he has done to the love of his life.

Toothless came and Hiccup hopped on, not wasting a second.

"Hiccup!" he heard Astrid call but he ignored it. He knew he would get scowled later but he needed to deal with Dagur.

Maybe, finish him off for good.

Toothless took off with speed that Hiccup almost couldn't recognize. It was like Toothless understood his urges to strangle the man. Hiccup saw the ship double in size within every second that passed.

"Dagur!"

Dagur turned in confusion but then his mouth turned into a sickly sweet grin. "Ah, Brother, coming back so soon I see."

Hiccup landed with the crew pointing weapon at him but he didn't care. He had Toothless take care of them while he went straight to Dagur. He curled both of his fists into Dagur's colarshirt and pressed the man to the closest wall. Dagur was taller so his feet didn't dangle but Hiccup made it more threatening by slamming him into the wall.

"What have you done to [Name]?"

"Relax," Dagur laughed, "I only pushed her to where she belongs."

Hiccup growled and slammed him again, "What was it that you said earlier about her 'out of this world?' Are you implying that she's dead?!"

"She's not dead," Dagur's eyes sparked.

"I want answers, Dagur!"

A crew member decided to take action and capture Toothless. It gave Hiccup a distraction while calling out to his dragon meaning Dagur pushed him out of the way. He slipped by while his men did their job. One of the men had a crossbow and aimed it at Hiccup.

Everything became slow as the crossbow was fired. Hiccup realized this was it. No one could save him. Toothless was tided and trying to get out of it, his friends were still back on the island, and his best friend could possibly be dead right now.

He felt someone yank him to the side, barely missing the arrow. They rolled out of the way and Hiccup was somehow on top of the person. The person groaned from the impact of his weight even though he was as light as they come. He lifted himself up to see who it was that rescued him.

"[Name]?!" his eyes widen and he gaped in surprise when he saw who it was.

"Hey, Hic," you smiled. You were so happy that you were back into the time you were originally from. Your eyes widen in alert and rolled him over so it was you over him now, "Look out!" Another arrow was aimed towards you guys. Both of you scrambled up at the same time and ran towards Toothless who was still stuck.

"Listen, I know you have questions, but how about we get out of here before we get impaled?"

"Great idea," Hiccup nodded quietly.

You two were able to fight of anyone that got in your way until some stronger soldiers were put in your path. You saw Hiccup managed to reach Toothless and free him. He hopped on Toothless and saw that you were still behind.

"Come on, [Name]!" he called.

"Hiccup, go! I'll meet you at the Edge, I promise!" you added.

Hiccup shook his head vigorously, "No, [Name], I'm not leaving you behind!"

You growled, "Toothless, go!"

Toothless roared worriedly but obeyed. He took flight and Hiccup tried to immediately change course. Toothless kept his stubbornness and stayed in one direction. "No, Toothless, don't!" you heard Hiccup say. Once you saw they were a good and safe distance away, you disappeared in a flash.

Word Count: 985

Status: Unedited