Chapter 17

You whimpered when you felt the hard ground beneath you as you crashed into it. You cried out in pain. You felt dizzy as the pain went away. You squeezed you eyes shut while raising a hand to your head trying to stop the spinning. You tumbled when you tried getting up and landed your free hand on the tree.

You gasped when another flash of light showed but with another vision. The vision showed you what looked like a man crying.

You blinked and your vision adjusted to what was in front of you. Your eyes widen when you saw the familiar tree that glowed powerfully. You backed away slowly in caution still watching the tree.

You looked around to find you were at a unfamiliar area. You were dangerously on top of an island that looked like it could fall over. The crashes from the waves of the ocean didn't help your concerns. You knew you were no where near was Berk was from your previous travels with Hiccup.

"Where am I?" you asked in fear.

Something bright came from the direction where the tree was at. You watched as it pulsed, but that pulsed acted like it was a trigger to cause your pain. You screamed in pain. Whatever supernatural being there was that's causing you pain didn't think it was enough as more pulses coursed to your pain. You curled into a ball and shook in fear. Your eyes widen as you heard voices.

Disgrace!

You are irresponsible!

A child like this should never hold a position so important!

A voice stood out from the others and finally silence the voices. Your eyes widen more when you heard it.

Leave her alone!

Everything stopped. There were no more commotion.

Mom...? you thought.

"Who's there?"

The sudden stern disruption brought you back into the real world. You swung your head up at the direction where the voice came from. You hid in the huge tree where the leaves covered your figure. The leaves hid you well but it means you couldn't see outside and see what was going on. You breathing was quiet while trying to slow your heart. You breathed through your nostrils slowly listening to the intruder.

"I know I heard someone," the stranger said.

You thought the stranger was talking to himself until you heard a growl. You realized this man had a dragon.

And not just any dragon.

You shifted to move the leaves aside and looked at the black beast that was sniffing the area.

Toothless?

The dragon's ears perked up and looked directly at your direction.

Or maybe even straight at you.

Did I call him out loud?

He walked with prudence in your direction, sensing your fear. His two front paws climbed the tree but he stayed planted to the ground. He cooed at you with his huge eyes staring at you. It was like he was trying to sooth your fear like you did with him, like he was returning the favor.

"What is it, bud? Did you find someone?" the man asked. Toothless ignored him and continue to coo at you. The voice was getting more familiar as he spoke.

You made a motion like you were slowly coming off the branch. Toothless stepped back to take a little flight to a nearby branch.

"Wha-? Toothless?!" the man exclaimed.