Typical Love Story, Not Your Typical Teen

Prologue

"Jade! Hurry up! You're going to be late!" my mom yelled from downstairs and I rolled me eyes. I was already fully aware of how late I was. I quickly fixed my layered platinum blonde hair with black streaks and teased it slightly. When it was perfect, it fell across my left eye and it practically hides it. I put my silver snakebites on, which I had gotten without my parents permission a few years ago. I stood in front of mirror in my bedroom and just stared at the girl. I looked into my familiar grey blue eyes that I had inherited from my dad. I looked over myself and I was small, about 5'3 and I was skinny enough. I was pale and I had nice curves. I turned away and walked over to my desk. I slipped on all my bracelets and grabbed my messenger bag as I left my room in a hurry.  I called goodbye to my parents and ran out of our house. I continued to run for at least two blocks, when I saw my bus leaving and I started screaming for it to stop. I waved my arms in the air, like a crazy person to get the drivers attention. My heart was still beating a mile a minute when it finally stopped. I got on and smiled gratefully at our bus driver. He was at least in his fifties and super sweet.

"Jade Lerena, what would you do if you didn't have me as your bus driver?" he asked shaking his head slightly.

"I would be late, but because you are the best bus driver, I never am" I said laughing. He just smiled and closed the doors. I sat in an empty seat near the back since my stop is one of the first ones and quickly started listening to music.

I sat there quietly and thought about what had happened in the last few months. I realized my life is average, boring and it feels pointless. I knew that sounded depressive and pathetic, but I deserved every right to be. I deal with normal teenage issues. Love, grades, bullies and friends. I have my few friends and to everyone else I'm practically invisible. I am not the type of girl that enjoys shopping to spend my time away. My entertainment is mostly rock concerts where I can just go crazy. No one tries to talk to me and if they do it's to insult me or ask me a stupid question. I also happen to be in love with Carter Jackson. My best friend, Hailey Vernels, boyfriend.

There's that book that every girl knows about, but has never been able to see. Rule #1 whoever saw him first has dibs. Rule #2 if your friend liked him first BACK OFF. Rule #3 Chicks before dicks.

I thought back to what happened a few weeks ago and my stomach turned the wrong way. Hailey, my best friend broke all those unspoken rules. I remember it clear as day.

"I just broke up with John about five minutes ago" Hailey told me once she made it to my locker.

"Wh-What?! Why?" I demanded confused. "You guys were the best couple here and you were so compatible."

"It's because I like Carter" she announced as if it was obvious.

"No, you can't like him because then I have no chance" I told her and I slowly started losing my confidence. "Anyways, when did you start liking him?"

"Last week, when we all hungout and you still have a chance Jade, don't worry" she told me and I wanted to knock some sense into her.

"I've liked for a longtime and I don't want to compete with you" I told her honestly.

"I told you not to worry about" she said. "I've got to get to class, bye."

I watched as she walked off with a wave and I was feeling annoyed. I went through the day and around lunchtime my other best friend, Maggie Lener had told me Hailey had already told Carter she liked him. I could not believe she told Carter how she felt the day she had dumped John Fellen. The tall star football player, with brown hair, green eyes and abs. except, what hurt the most was she did that even though she knew I liked him first. Apparently, Carter said he couldn't do that to John since they were sort of friends.

The bus hit a bump and I was brought back to reality. I knew we would be arriving at Parkway High in about ten minutes. My thoughts drifted back to Carter and how he started hanging out with us. We all got to know each other better. I got to know him better, but sadly so did Hailey. Eventually, days turned to weeks and next thing I knew Hailey called me to tell me Carter had asked her out.  They went on their first date and they came back as boyfriend and girlfriend. Since then, I've been hurt and upset, but I was still friends with Hailey. Even though not many people would understand why and maybe I don't even understand. I sighed, and the bus came to an abrupt halt not too long after. Everyone walked off in a single line and my music continued to fill my ears. Hopefully, everything will get better soon.

Hope you like it!! COMMENT, VOTE and FAN!!! :D I have a craving for ice cream...