Chapter 4

Chapter 4

><><><><

I see myself there

Waiting by the roadside

Laid claim to nothing but a black bag

And the attire I stand in

No name, no history

><><><><

I Was Once Possibly Maybe Perhaps A Cowboy King- Asking Alexandria

I fixed the strap of my bag on my shoulder as I walked. I sighed and then my phone vibrated with a text from Hailey.

'Where r u??????'

'I skipped the rest of the day didn't feel good. Did Maggie ask u over yet?'

'K get better and yeah I can I'll see you later. Love ya bbe!

I closed my phone and put it back in my bag. I decided to take a short cut to the mall and I turned right into a small quiet neighborhood.

I walked past a park and I saw a guy leaning against a pole for the swings. I looked closer and he had black hair that fell across his face when his head is bend down looking at the ground.

He was tall and lean. Then his head lifted and our eyes locked. I was looking into his familiar brown eyes when he smirked and I caught a glimpse of his snake bites.

Then I recognized him and I started running to towards him. "Sean!" I cried out and I jumped into his arms and wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Hey Jade, it's been awhile" he said hugging me back and holding me up. I breathed in his scent and I felt so safe.

Sean Conwell is my best guy friend and my first boyfriend. We have been close since we were pactically babies because of our moms and then we dated in high school, but broke it off when he moved and changed schools. I still love him, but it's changed.

Although I seriously thought he was the "one". I mean we got our snakebites together and he promised once I was 18 he would take me to get my first tattoo.

Every now then he would skip school to come over here and hangout, but he didn't text me so I was confused. Last time we did this was 3 months ago I thought. It sucks that he lives so far away.

"Are you okay Jade" he asked with concern as he gently put me down and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah... it's just if you were skipping school... why didn't you text me?" I asked hesitantly.

"I was, but my phone died and I tried calling on a pay phone to leave a message. So I've been waiting here" he told me gesturing around him.

"I feel so special that you would go through all that just to reach me" I teased.

He rolled his eyes "only because I wanted to do this" he smirked. He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

"Put me down!!" I started screaming and partially laughing. After awhile he placed me back down and then he looked into my eyes.

He smiled and brushed my hair out of my face. We stared at eachother like that for a bit, just looking.

"I missed you" I blurted out and I felt my cheeks heat up. Why was I acting like this? Oh right, I was hoping that maybe Sean would like me, but I know that it would never work.

He leaned over and kissed my forehead. "I missed you too Jay" he said using my old nickname.

"Why do you always know what will make me smile?" I asked grinning.