Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Our lips molded together and the kiss was soft and gentle. A warm feeling spread throughout my body and my mind blanked.. All I could think about was Carter.

He pulled away a few inches for us to breath and then closed the distance between our mouths. Our lips moved together and I turned towards him so it would be easier. He deepened the kiss as his hands moved to my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. My hands tangled into his hair and excitement ran through my body causing me to feel feather light. Every part of my body that was touching him was on fire and it was just Carter and I.

We both broke away when we heard a car drive by noisily and when I realized what we just did I was blushing like crazy.

"I'm s-sorr- bye" I managed to say and I ran out of his car still flustered.

When I got inside I felt like jello and I just stood there leaning against the door for support. I brought my hand to my mouth and I couldn't believe I had kissed Carter Jackson. My best friend's ex- boyfriend a day after she dumped him, but should I really feel bad since she did steal him from me and she did dump him.

"Jade, are you alright?" my mom asked as she walked into the doorway.

"We- we kissed" I said still staring blankly in front of me.

"What? Tell me everything" she said her eyes wide as she brought to the kitchen to get me a drink.

My mom made me a hot chocolate and I sipped it as we talked. I told her everything that happened from Sunday to know. She listened intently and by the end she was smiling.

"I think you have every right to date Carter since your friend did dump him and steal him from you. He does seem to like you so don't miss your chance" she told me sternly.

"Seem isn't good enough. I need to know because right now he could be washing his mouth with soap or using me to get back to Hailey" I said worriedly.

"Or he really likes you. Don't waste your time just go for it. Take the risk." she answered.

Once I finished my drink I went upstairs to sleep, but I worried a lot. What was I going to say to Carter tomorrow? Hi, I know we practically made out yesterday, but let's still act normal. No.

I woke up abruptly to The Amity Affliction and I rubbed my eyes. Time to face the day, I mentally groaned. I got up and I saw I had bags under my eyes. So I got ready and when I did my makeup I put some cover up or whatever. I wore some ripped leggings and a baggy pink Invader Zim tank top. I kissed my mom goodbye and went outside to wait for Maggie since for once I was early.

I saw her pull up and I waved. I got inside and buckled up. She drove off and I was dying to tell her what happened yesterday, but what if she judged me.

"Don't judge me okay?" I said after a few minutes of arguing with myself. I'm normal.

"When do I ever judge you?" she asked rolling her eyes.

I smiled and told her what happened. As I told her my story her jaw seemed to drop eachtime something new happened. By the end she was grinning at me and I reddened.

"So how was the kiss?" she asked waggling her eyebrows.

"I don't know" I answered right away chuckling oddly.

"What was your first thought after it happened?" she asked obviously exasperated.

"Amazing" I answered giggling slightly and cover my mouth quickly because I never giggle. Well, almost never.

"But what are you going to do now? Are you going to talk to him?" she asked curiously.

"No. At least if I can avoid it" I answered frowning.