Chapter 7 (Picture of Maggie)

Picture of Maggie to your right :D

Chapter 7

><><><><

So many bright lights to cast a shadow, but can I speak?

Well, is it hard understanding I'm incomplete?

A life that's so demanding,

I get so weak

A love that's so demanding

I can't speak

I am not afraid to keep on living,

I am not afraid to walk this world alone

Honey, if you stay I'll be forgiven

Nothing you can say

Can stop me going home

Can you see my eyes shining bright?

'Cause I'm out here, on the other side,

Of a jet black hotel mirror

><><><><

Famous Last Words-

My Chemical Romance

The door opened easily and the sun shined brightly in my eyes. A silhouette quickly blocked out the sun and I looked into a pair of stern grey eyes. My dad, Jake Lerena.

He was in his early 40s and was a succesful doctor. He had light grey blue eyes exactly like mine and he had very broad shoulders.

I remembered when I was little I loved it when he hugged me because I was so small and I felt so protected. That changed quickly when I started to listen to the music I like now.

I don't understand why he is against it and most of all it hurts that he doesn't support my choice like he said he always would. I felt my jaw tense and my anger rise just at the thought.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked without emotion. I nodded and fixed the strap on my shoulder. He turned around and walked towards our car, a white BMW. I started to follow and then turned around to look at the house.

I saw Mag and Hail smiling encouraginly from the upstairs window. I couldn't return the smile. I climbed into the car and my dad pulled out. The tension was horrible and I couldn't wait to get home.

Neither one of us spoke and I just looked out the window absent mindedly. I was starting to feel even more nauseous and sick. My stomach wouldn't stop turning and I was thinking of all the horrible things to come. I didn't even realize we were home.

I cautiously opened the door and got out. My dad was already at the front door of our nice house.

Our house was definitly not huge like Maggies, but it was big enough. Even though I know that my family has quite a bit of money my parents didn't flaunt it. They used enough for us to have a nice life. Unlike Maggies parents.

Maggies dad is a plastic surgeon for celebrities and her mother is a fashion designer. They constantly travel for their jobs and they love to vacation a lot, but they rarely brought Maggie. I don't understand how they can do that, but Mag almost never complains because that's how she grew up, alone and just had Lucy to raise her.

I don't pity Mag because I know that's the last thing she would want, especially from her friend. The door opening brought me back to reality and I gulped down the bile that had risen in my throat.

After I settled in and my bag was in my room I waited on my bed anxiously. "Jade, come into the living room" I heard my mom order.

I breathed in and out a few times to calm myself down. Once I was done I descended the stairs. I walked into our living room and sat on the beige leather couch facing my parents. I searched their faces to see any type of emotion and I read none. I played with my fingers nervously and looked down at my lap.