Chapter 1

Chapter 1

><><><><

How could you do this to me,

Betrayed by my closest friend,

How could you do this me,

Won't let you hurt me again, now,

I'm nothing to you, I can see,

Just walk away from me,

I'm torn up but I can't believe,

You sat and watched me bleed

I am the waiting one it seems

><><><><

The Waiting One- All That Remains

The bell rang loudly and annoyingly. I finished writing my history notes and grabbed my books. Class was done and we all walked out.

I sighed and joined the moving crowd until I got to my locker. Everyone moved around me and some even shoved into me. I leaned closer to my locker.

I opened my lock and then I heard his hot voice. "Hey babe, I'll call you later" it said. I loved his voice so much and I turned around. To see Carter Jackson and his perfect body extremely close to Hailey Vernel. Another day in my crappy love life.

Carter Jackson is my unrequited love, but all because of Hailey, one of my best friends. I know it doesn't make sense. I should be drilling holes in Haileys perfect dirty blond head, but I won't, I can't.

Carter has originally brown blond hair but he dyes it black and it falls into his face. He has blue eyes and a perfect body, not to thin and not to muscular. He's wearing black skinny jeans, a green shirt that is tight in all the right places and I noticed his tattoo on his right shoulder that went down his upper arm a bit. He is into the same music as me such as rock, screamo, hardcore, alternative or in other words as some people say "emo" which annoys me.

I hate labels and stereotypes. I mean just because I listen to that type of music and I like to wear black does NOT make me emo. Not to mention I do not cut and all that crap, but that's what we're labeled.

We actually have so much in common, but he still chose Hailey over me. I looked at Hailey from the corner of my eye.

She had wavy dirty blond hair that fell down below her shoulders. She had peircing blue green eyes and a small mouth. She has curves in the right places and well she's the perfect girl according to guys.

We've been best friends since grade 3. Ever since she offered to share her peanut butter and jelly sandwhich when I had forgotten my lunch. Even when we were young all the guys would choose her, little miss perfect, but she and I got along so well.

Not to mention I wasn't into guys just then. "I wish I was still like that now" I said under my breath.

I watched as Hailey kissed him lightly and he walked away. I continued shoving my books into my Bullet For My Valentine messenger bag.

"Jade! Hurry we are going to be late again" Hailey yelled at me.

"Keep your pants on Hail" I teased back. "But I hate wearing pants" she retorted.

I grinned as people looked at her like she was crazy. Hailey somehow always managed to get people to look at her. She saw my expression and burst out laughing. I closed my locker and put my bag on my shoulder.

I walked towards her and then two arms slipped around my waist.

"You are such a creep Maggie!" I shouted laughing. Maggie Lener my best friend number two, snickered behind me. Maggie was also labeled as "emo", but we both couldn't give a rats ass. Sure some jerks would say unnecessary comments, but hey it's a free country.

She has black layered hair and it falls right at her shoulders. She was wearing a red Hello Kitty t-shirt with some jeggings and flats. She was taller than me, but who isn't?

A lot of people don't understand how Hailey, Maggie and I are best friends because Mag and I have our style and Hailey is hot enough to be "popular" but she still chooses us. I love my best friends, but even though they make my life 100000x better I still feel like I can't be fully happy without Carter. I know that sounds cliché, but I can't help it.

"You know you like it" she teased and winked at me. I laughed and we walked to our buses.

I said good bye and boarded my bus. I sat down near the end and I started listening to my i-pod. Of course no one sat next to me, but I'm used to it.

When I got home I walked in and took off my shoes. I walked up the stairs texting Hailey on my cell.

"Jade, how was your day?" my mom asked once I was on the second floor.

"It was fine. Nothing new" I replied.

"Well then, supper is going to be ready in 30 minutes" she told me.

"Yeah, I can't. I'm meeting Hail and Maggie in 10 minutes. Were going to eat somewhere else" I said hoping she would buy the lie.

"Alright, make sure your back by 10" she told me sternely but I could tell it was hard. I grinned.

My mom isn't like your average mom. She can be cool and she understands me. It almost feels likes she's my friend with some mom traits.

She has very light brown hair like mine except I dyed mine and soft brown eyes. She is also petite and I've had alot of people tell me she's really pretty. Which is weird because she's my mom, but whatever.

I walked towards her and gave her a hug. Then I went into my room and plugged my iPod into my ihome. I blasted Asking Alexandria while I did my homework. Asking Alexandria is one of my top favourite bands. Ever.

I looked around my room when I just wanted a break from math. My room is average sized I guess. I have a double bed with a red and black comforter. There is swirly like designs and 3 if my walls match the red, but the last wall is black. I'm sitting on a clear plastic chair at my black desk with my homework sprawled around me. I didn't have any dressers just my closet with all my clothes. I was bobbing my head when my dad walked into my room and stopped my music.

He didn't look happy and I know why. It's not like we haven't talked about it before. "Jade what have a told you about blasting that horrible music?" he asked.

"That it is amazing" I offered.

"I don't need your sarcasm. If you continue to listen to that music you are going to become some satanist or something" he told me.

I sighed "for the last time dad they are not "evil" and they will not corrupt my brain" I said slowly.

"So that's why you dye your hair that horrible blond?That's why you pierced your face and paint your nails black? And is that why you have a bag with a skull and blood on it? Not to mention that shirt with those guys with makeup" he said.

"All of those were my decision. It's who I am and you're going to have to deal with it. You can't just judge someone based on their appearance!" I yelled.

I was furious. I hated when people dissed my music and my style even if it's my dad.

"You don't understand Jade! They are all evil and the screaming about death and the devil. It's not right!" he shouted back.

"There is no death or the devil in my songs! you would know that if you gave what I like a chance!" I sneered, glaring at him.

He was about to say something else when my mom interrupted him. "Jake, come on supper is ready" she told him while pulling his arm.

With a sigh he gave me a disapointed look and walked out. I glared at him until the door closed.

><><><><><

This is my first story that I've written and actually posted

Hope you like it :)

Please comment/vote