Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Aria's POV

I have been bitten. I guess you are wondering why I have not turned into a zombie yet. You are supposed to turn after 2-3 days after but I have been bitten for over a month and I have not turned yet. I think I might be immune, I'm not sure though.

I was walking along the empty street when I heard a noise. I got my gun ready and prepared to shoot until I saw a girl about 12 come out of the bush.

"Please, don't shoot. I'm not bitten". She is breathless

I nod and put my gun down. She sighs, relieved.

"What are you doing out at night like this?" I ask seriously.

"My parents were killed by zombies and I ran away as fast as I could," She blurted out.

"Ok, well what's your name?" I ask her.

"I'm Christina, what's yours?" she asks me.

"Aria. I am on my way to help the scientist with a cure, you need to stay here and be careful. Here are some cans of food, a gun and a phone to contact me. Will you be alright?" I ask her as I place food and a gun in front of her.

"Yes, I can. Will you be safe though?" she asks me.

"Yeah, I have been living on my own for years. I will be fine. Ok, bye," I say as I walk off.

"BYE," she calls back and sits on the floor.

This is going to be one hell of a journey.

I was walking down a path that leads to the science labs thinking that somehow a cure could be made out of my blood. That would be totally awesome.

As I am walking I see a dead zombie that looks freshly killed, so I am not the only one out here!

I get my gun out and look around. I hear footsteps behind me and as I turn around I see a boy my age holding a gun right back at me.

"Are you bitten?" I ask him.

"No," he says.

"Are you?"

"No," I say.

We both put our guns down and walk to each other.

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Louis, Louis Tomlinson," He replies.

"Who are you?" He asks

"Aria, Aria Atwood," I reply.

"Why are you out here?" he asks.

"I'm looking for a cure. Heading towards the science labs to help with the cure,". I say.

"What about you?" I ask him.

"Same, I am from a little further down where there are a bunch of women and children who need help and I was the only one who was fit enough to go for the trip" he says.

"Well, why don't we go together?" I suggest. A glint of happiness runs through his eyes.

"Really?" he asks surprised.

"Yeah, we can crash here for the night and get to know each other better," I say.

He runs up to me and hugs me tightly.

"THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU," he yells while hugging me and slightly lifting me off the ground.

"Ok," I grab his hand. "Come on!" I say while pulling his hand to lead him inside the old house.