Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Aria's POV

The next day I wake up lying on my side with a weight on my waist. I look down and see an arm.

Louis is holding me while he sleeps. Aw.

I turn around and try and wake him up.

"Louis," I whisper.

"Hmm," he mumbles as he wakes up.

"Louis wake up," I say.

"5 more minutes mum," Louis says sleepily

"Louis, it's Aria," I say.

"Hmm Aria," he grabs my waist pulling me further on the bed so I am lying on him.

"Really, Louis?" I question amused by the way he is acting.

"Get up. We need to keep moving and pack food for the trip," I say as I try and get up again.

"NOOOOO, it's too early!" he says and tried to reach for me again.

"Louis it's, 10:00am. You really love your sleep don't you?" I ask him.

"Yeah, yeah," he says while slowly getting up.

"Come on, I'll be having a shower," I say as I get up and grab my clothes from yesterday.

I walk in the bathroom and have a quick shower. I put my clothes back on and walk outside to see the bed empty.

I walk into the kitchen and find Louis with 2 bowls of canned food for us to eat.

"I thought you might like a better way to eat this food," he says.

"Oh, and I also packed some cans in yours and my bags for the journey," he continues.

"Thankyou Louis," I say as I walk up to him and kiss his cheek. As I walk away I can see a hint of red on his cheeks. Cute.

After we finish eating, we get ready to leave.

We leave the house and start walking on the path that will lead us to the labs.

I hear a groan from behind me and I turn around to find a zombie about to attack me. I grab my gun and shoot it in the head.

It falls to the ground twitching until it goes still.

I run to where I saw Louis last and crush him in a hug.

"Whoa, what happened?" he asks as he hugs me back.

"There was a zombie and I killed it but I thought another one hurt you," I said really fast.

"Oh, I'm ok. But are you ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, I was just worried about you," I say still hugging him. He pulls me back and looks me in the eye.

"I want to show you something," he said.

"Ok," I say as he grabs my hand and drags me along a path.

He leads me into a building with lots of things I have never seen before.

"Come here," he says. I didn't realise he was so far ahead of me. I walk up to him and see a box with many different buttons on it and flat round things that have a whole in them.

"What is it?" I ask, intrigued as to what this contraption was.

"A CD player. My mum said she used to dance to the music it played with my stepfather," he replied

"Cool," I say examining it.

"Come here," he says as he puts the round, silver thingy in the CD player and it suddenly starts to play a tune. He grabs my hand.

"Let's try," he says.

"Now put your hands behind my neck," I do as he said. "I'll put my hands on your waist," he says as he places his hands on my waist and pulls me closer.

"And now we dance," he says as we start to sway around the room.

I look him in the eye as we are dancing and he looks right back into mine. We stop as the song finishes but we don't move from our position. He slowly leans forward and I can feel myself leaning as well. I didn't know what was going on until I felt his soft, pink lips on my own.

It was magical. Fireworks exploding inside me as our lips move in sync. It was amazing.

We pull away out of breath, our foreheads touching.

"Whoa," I say breathlessly.

"That...was amazing," he continues.

"Yeah," I say.

"I...I really like you Aria," he says quietly.

"I...I like you too!" I say. He smiles.

"Well then Aria, will you do me the honour of being my beautiful girlfriend?" he asks.

"Of course, Louis. I would be absolutely delighted," I continue.

We smile at each other and continue on our journey. Not forgetting to bring the CD player with us!