Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Aria's POV

We walked into the abandoned house and found one bedroom.

"Well, I guess we can share?" he states with raised eyebrow.

"Uh, sure," I say a little unsure.

We go into the kitchen to look for food. Thankfully there were about 10 cans.

We start eating and I remember Christina.

I jump out of my seat and rush to my backpack and grab my phone.

I call my dad's phone, which is the one I gave to Christina. Louis is looking at me while eating.

* Phone Call *

"Hello, Aria?" I hear Christina on the other line.

"Christina, are you ok?" I ask her.

"Y-yeah," she replies, shakily.

"A zombie came and I had to kill it," she said.

"Are you ok? Did you get bitten?" I ask.

"No, I killed it before it came close to me," she said. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank God you're ok! At least you know what to do if it happens again. Just stay safe."

"O-ok, bye Aria," she says and I hang up.

* After Phone Call *

I slide down the wall, Louis still watching me. He gets up and puts his can in the bin. He grabs mine and walks over to me. He hands me my can and I start eating again. He slides down next to me.

"Is everything ok?" He asks.

"Yeah, it was a girl I met before I came here. She said she almost got bitten. I'm just worried. She's the only thing to family I have left," I say. I quickly slap a hand over my mouth as I realised what I admitted to him.

"You don't have a family?" he asks sadly.

"Yeah, it's sort of a long story," I say as I run a hand through my hair.

"Well, as you can see. We have time" he replies and stands up and leads me over to the couch in the room.

As we get comfortable on the couch he looks over to me.

"Go on."

"Well, before I start, be prepared for some tears," I say.

He puts a hand on my shoulder. " I'm here if you need me," he says smiling faintly. I smile back.

"Ok, it was a few years back. We were sitting at home when there was a knock on the door. My mum went to see who was there. There stood a zombie and it attacked my mother in front of us. I was only 5 and I saw my mother being killed in front of me. I couldn't do anything. My dad went to help but another zombie came and knocked him out with a blow to the head. The zombie then looked our way but didn't approach us. Just turned around and left."

I can feel myself getting a bit teary-eyed.

"The next day we had to move house. The zombies knew where we lived and we had to get away from them. About 10 years later my dad went out with my sister looking for supplies, my dad was killed and my sister went missing." I continued as tears started flowing down my cheeks. " I really miss them, I have been living on my own for years and I have never had any communication with anyone until Christina and you."

I completely break down after and fall into his chest. He puts his arms around me and holds me close.

"It's ok. I'm here now. I'll never leave you," he says. I look at him.

"Really?" I ask, as a little gleam of hope was lit in my heart.

"Yes, now why don't I tell you a little about me?" he says trying to cheer the mood.

"Yeah, that would be nice," I say still snuggled in his chest on the floor. He picks me up and carries me to the couch and sits me on his lap. I snuggle back in his chest and listen to him.

"Well, let's see shall we," he says while playing with my hair.

"I come from a place in England called Doncaster. It's a beautiful town; I have lived there my whole life. My parents are divorced and I have never heard from my dad after he left. My mum's name is Johanna but we all call her Jay. She has been divorced twice and she is now with my stepfather Daniel Deakin. I have 6 sisters and 1 brother. My sister's names are Charlotte but we call her Lottie, Felicity but we call her Fizzy, my other sister Georgia, and the twins Daisy and Phoebe and Doris, my brother is Ernest, Doris and Ernest are twins. We are survivors and trying to get away from this chaos but I was the only one fit enough to go and look for a cure. I'm just really worried. I don't want them to be hurt. They're my only family," he says and starts to cry. I pull him in a hug. He clings to my shirt.

"It's ok. Like you said you will always be there I will too," I say. He pulls away from my chest and looks me in the eyes.

"R-really, you're not going to leave me?" he asks, flabbergasted.

"No! Never, I will always be here for you and your family," I say.

He pulls me into a tight hug, whispering thankyou to me.

"Now lets go to sleep," I say and lead him to the bedroom.

We lie down together and we are looking at the ceiling.

"If you could wish for anything in the world, or anything to happen, what would you want?" he asks me while turning to look at me.

"The Zombie apocalypse to end. For there to be a cure," I say obviously.

"Yeah that's what everyone says but I would say something different," he says causing me to look at him with curiosity.

"What would you say?" I ask him.

"To fall in love," he says. I almost aw out loud. But I keep it in my head.

"Really, why?" I ask.

"I dunno, just the feeling to love someone with all your heart and to know you can look after someone," he replies, while staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah, that would be nice."