Epilogue

EPILOGUE:

Lux POV:

When we returned back to the Cullen's home, bodies were scattered on top of tables, openly bleeding. The stronger vampires were helping mend the wounds with Carlisle, as the weaker were huddled together, murmuring.

Most of the abducted students were fine, Jackie was the worst. She still had that huge bite in her forearm, and currently I was helping Carlisle mend it.

Later in the day the Volturi came to see the evidence for themselves. Luckily they saw Aria's body before it was ash, and let me tell you that they looked extremely embarrassed.

I mean they try to pin the massacre of 20 children on me, threaten my life, and then come and realize they caught the wrong girl? That's gotta sting.

Not that I got an apology.

Suddenly Jackie gasped and thrashed around, her bitten arm shaking violently. I tried to hold her down but she kept screaming and squirming.

"Carlisle what's happening!?" I shouted to Carlisle worriedly. He shook his head.

"The venom is in it's final stage before death, we've tried everything..." Carlisle softly said to me.

"There has to be something else, another way. What do we do!?" I yelled with all pairs of gold eyes on me sympathetically.

She's my best friend.

"There's only one thing we can do to save her..." Carlisle murmured, staring into Jackie's wide open eyes.

I nodded worriedly as I bent down to her shaking forearm. I cautiously picked it up...........

&&&&&&&&&

Jackie's POV:

All I could feel through the darkness was sheer an crippling pain. I could feel my blood run cold as my heart pulsed erratically.

What's happening to me? Am I dying?

My breaths drew shorter as the pain increased. An agonizing burning sensation was rippling through my forearm, and I felt it throb in pain.

Suddenly I felt something cold and strong go into my wounded arm, and I gasped in torture. It was almost like... Teeth.... That were biting me....

My breaths grew slower and my body stopped thrashing. I slowly felt my to cages stop inhaling, and I listened to my heart beat stop through the darkness.

Oh that's just great, Aria killed me. A frickin vampire killed me.

I heard silence for-I don't know- hours? days? It felt like eternity that I was sitting in darkness not even hearing the pulsing of my own heart.

I'm dead. I have to be dead.

Suddenly I had the urge to open my eyes. I tried to find the strength to open my eyes, using as much force as I could.

Maybe I'm in heaven? Oh who am I kidding, I'm probably in hell. Well, only one way to find out.

And with that, I opened my eyes.