Rocky Start (Request for VanessaLuvLOL)

Vanessa's POV

"Hey Nerd," I rolled my eyes when I felt him sit down next to me. I was reading, I enjoyed reading long before I found out my mother was Athena. 

"Nico," I kept my voice cold and annoyed. Maybe he would get the hint and leave. When I looked over at him he was just leaving back on the row of stone seats behind him.

He had this lazy look on his cute face. I mean, irritating face.

"Whatcha reading?"

I narrowed my eyes and turned back to my book. "Nerd?"

"Vanessa."

"Ness."

"Wise child."

"Nerd."

"Van."

"Vanessa."

"Child of Athena."

"Dudette."

"What!?" I slammed my book shut and glared over at him. 

"The weather is great today, don't you think so?" He asked casually. 

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped in annoyance. Nico just started laughing at my expression.

"You are an abniying...I don't even know what to call you."

"Yours?" He winked. He just WINKED at me. 

I rolled my eyes for the third time within five minutes of his presence.

I could already tell that this would be a long day.

********

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Luke, child of Hermes and my tormentor stalked up to me. I kept my head down and grabbed a plate. Instantly pizza came into my plate. 

I brushed past him. Luke continued to follow me, whispering insult after insult in my ear. 

Annabeth was looking at me from our table. She started to stand up, I assumed she was going to stop him. But someone else did.

Nico stepped in our path. Causing me and Luke to stop.

"Knock it off, Castellan."

Luke looked him up and down. "What will you do?"

Nico face him a dark glare and said, "I'll knock you on you a** and beat you."

Luke chi pled and shook his head. He didn't believe that Nico was serious.

Nico stepped closer to him. Nico was a few inches taller and had a lot more muscle than him. 

"Everyone is watching. You know that I would beat you. Do you really want to humiliate yourself in front of everyone?" Nico whispered. I glanced around and noticed that everyone was silent and watching.

Luke just stpped away and said, "Fine."

Slowly campers went back to their conversations.

"You stuck up for me?" I asked incredulously.

Nico nodded.

"I thought I was just a pathetic nerd girl?" I muttered.

Nico have me a soft look. "Pathetic? No. A nerd girl? Yes. But you're My Nerd Girl."

I looked surprised. Nico had a smile on his face. He leaned forward. My heart started pounding. Nico's lips landed on my forehead. I blushed. 

"I know that we got off to a Rocky Start but...I want that to change. But just remember that you're my nerd girl."