I Didn't Know You Had a Townie Boyfriend

I know it's going to be a good morning when I don't wake up in sweats and a panic from a nightmare. However, I severely underestimated how great it feels to wake up in Tyler's arms. Safe, secure, comforted. That's how I feel when I'm around him and that's what I should focus on. I allow myself to get into my head and complicate things, but I don't wanna do that with him. I just want to have him in any way he'll allow me to. That's it. However, right now, I have to pee and his death grip on my waist isn't making moving a possibility. I tried to wiggle out from his grip but he just groaned, pulled me closer and tightened his grip, which is the exact opposite of what I had intended. But the heat from his body was so nice and I was still a bit tired, so I decided to give up, forget my need to pee, and just lay here until he woke up. I stayed there for another half an hour before I felt some movement.

"Good morning." He groaned tiredly in my ear. His sleepy voice was just so damn cute. And the way he nuzzled himself into the crook of my neck to place a soft kiss on my shoulder was even cuter.

"Morning. Would you mind loosening your grip? I think you might have cut off my blood circulation." I asked, laughing.

"Oh. Sorry, love." He apologized before releasing his grip. All is right in the world again, the nicknames are back.

"It's okay. I wasn't planning on running away in the middle of the night." I turned around to face him.

"I was afraid something bad was going to happen to you when I wasn't looking, again. Kept waking up in the middle of the night to make sure you were still breathing." He sleepily brushed his nose against mine. I didn't realize how worried he was about me. Which is a ridiculous thing to forget or overlook because he literally had to perform CPR on me not even a full 12 hours ago.

"I'm sorry to have made you worry like that." I whispered, noses still touching. "I don't know what happened yesterday. I think it's exhaustion because I haven't been sleeping well recently and it must've all caught up to me. I'll take it easy today."

"You have nothing to apologize for, it wasn't your fault. I'm just glad I got to you in time." He said with a slight smile playing on his lips. Lips I wanted to kiss over and over and over again. "Go pee." He released me.

"Oh thank God!" I laughed, rolling out of the sleeping bag, leaving his warmth. I quickly ran to go pee and shuffled back to the tent, where Tyler was looking at my phone again. "Checking the time?" I asked, rummaging around in my bag for an outfit to wear back to school

"I'm your screensaver." He turned my phone to face me. "We're your screensaver." He added, trying to hide the smile tugging at his lip. Heat flooded my face realizing that he must've seen that yesterday when he checked the time on my phone. I completely forgot I had that as my screensaver, I must've looked at that photo thousands of times.

"Yes. You are." I nodded, while finally deciding on leggings and the hoodie I was already wearing. "It's a cute photo, what can I say?" I added looking over at him.

"I like it." He mumbled, more to himself than to me. But it tickled my heart to see him so happy over something so small. I turned to leave the tent before he perked up. "Where are you going?"

"To go take a shower and get changed. We leave soon." I answered looking down at him.

"Are you sure you want to go back to the waterfall? I mean I can go with you and make sure nothing happens or..." He rambled off before I stopped him.

"Tyler. I will be alright. I promise. If I'm not back in 15 minutes you have my permission to come get me." I smiled at him but he looked unamused.

"What if 15 minutes is too late? I barely got to you yesterday." He said pouting.