Don't Let Her Get Away

It's the third day of the trip and I had no idea all that went into a campaign trail. We've had to attend speeches, formal dinners, interviews, photoshoots, and rallies. It's been a whirlwind of constantly being on a tight schedule. We had almost every second of every day planned out.

Jade and I had plenty of free time because there were multiple events that Jess and Reed needed to attend. Honestly, they spend quite a lot of time together. I'm talking nearly every event that's happened thus far, they've had to do together. I can't imagine what it was like when they had to attend the same school.

I'm surprised they're keeping up this facade of hating each other. It's pretty obvious to everyone else that they totally like each other. But apart from that, with both of them being only children, this campaign trail would be pretty lonely for either of them if they didn't have the other one to keep them company. I feel like after 4 years, if they genuinely did hate each other, which they don't, I feel like they would've had to form a truce and become friends. Either way, it's been nice getting to know Reed apart from the horrible descriptions Jess had been telling us about him for 4 years.

He's actually a really great guy. I'm actually genuinely surprised that he's still single. I guess it probably is pretty hard to date as the president's son. The only other person who would understand what he's going through is Jess.

"So what's on the agenda for the rest of the day?" I asked Jess as we got off the elevator.

"Um, well, Reed and I have an interview soon. After that I have daddy daughter time. Then I have a fitting for my dress. After that I have a meet and greet with my dad, Robby, and Reed. Then we have dinner. Then we have a party to attend. Well it's not really a party. It's just a place where rich adults from different corporations come to get wine and dined. My dad and Robby try to win their votes, while Reed and I steal booze." She listed, while she opened our door.

"Sounds like you and Reed do a lot together." Jade teased.

"Shove it, Jade!" Jess punched her arm. "We have an appearance to keep for the media and for constituents. America thinks that me and Reed Jacobs are best friends, a little found family if you will. So, yea, during the campaign trail we have to basically be attached at the hip. Plus, for the past 4 years we had to have some common ground if we weren't going to kill each other."

"I believe you." I patted her shoulder, while chuckling.

"Whatever. I'm going to go hop in the shower before my interview." She stomped towards her room. "Are you guys going to come watch me?" She asked, stopping short of her room.

"Sure." Jade and I answered in unison.

"Great. I already picked out and laid out outfits for you guys to wear. Gotta look the part! Thanks, loves." She smiled before dashing into the room. We stood there until we heard the sounds of the water running.

"I guess we should start getting ready too." I said before heading to my room. I took a long shower, because the showers here are absolutely amazing, before getting out and heading to my bed to change into the Jessica approved outfit. It was this cream jumpsuit. I curled my hair before putting on eyeliner and some mascara. I put on some sandal wedges before heading out of the room.

"Where's Jess?" I asked Jade as I entered the living room.

"She left a little while ago with Reed." Jade answered nonchalantly as she turned off the tv.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"About 1:30." She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"We should get going too if we are going to see them." I dragged her out of the room. "Where did she say the interview was being held?" I asked as we headed into the elevator.