Coming Home

I awoke to the sound of my door opening and some shuffling approaching my bed. I patted around my bed noticing a missing body.

"I'm right here babe." Tyler announced, noticing my movement. I opened my eyes and saw that he'd just placed something on my side table before sliding into bed next to me. "I just had to grab something. I thought I'd be back before you woke up."

"Morning." Was all I said in response. My brain was still waking up so that's all I could say.

"Morning." He smiled before placing a kiss on my forehead. "How'd you sleep?"

"I'd sleep a lot better if I was in my own bed. How much longer do I have to stay in this hell hole?" I muttered, rolling over to face him.

"It's not a hell hole, it's a safe house." Tyler replied laughing. "And not much longer, we are just making sure that it's safe for you guys to go back to school."

"School? But summer is nowhere near over. We're not going home?" I asked, confused.

"It's true that we do have quite a bit of time left before school starts, but the adults believe that Gallagher Academy is the safest place for you guys to be right now." He replied, grabbing my hand.

"What? No. Home will be the safest place for me right now." I snatched it back.

"You might believe that now, but we can't take that chance. We don't know who was after Jessica. They know who you and Jade are now, so they can come after you both as well."

"They'll also know I got to Gallagher Academy and can just attack me there!" I rebutted.

"Yea, and then they'll have to bypass all the security measures the school has in place to keep their students safe. Plus trained guards from multiple different intelligence agencies that are going to be taking up posts around the school. It'll be easier to protect you all if you're in one place rather than scattered across your hometown. I know this isn't ideal, but we have to do what we have to do. This is the life we chose, these are the sacrifices we have to make." He was right and I know that he was right, but that doesn't make me like this. He opened his arms out and I gladly rested up against him as he wrapped his arms around me. He ran his fingers through my hair as I settled into him.

"Speaking of sacrifices. We did have to buy you all new phones because your old ones could have been getting tracked. We took them to the nearest agency headquarters to get them secured so they should be safe." He replied tossing me my new Iphone. "You can transfer all of your old stuff onto it, I didn't want to set it up for you because that's an invasion of privacy."

"Well, there's nothing I'd hide from you ever." I replied, pecking his lips. "But it's just great that not only am I stuck on constant surveillance, I now have to set up a new phone." I grumbled before starting the process. Once I set everything up I added a new "Alternate Appearance" face ID and handed my phone to Tyler.

"What's this?" He asked, looking down at me.

"I'm putting your face in my phone so you can unlock it." I replied simply. The smile that was on his face almost reached both of his ears.

"God, Ela, you are so down bad for me it's sickening." Tyler laughed before peppering me with kisses.

"Yea, you're one to talk, Mr. unable to not see me for 48 hours." I smiled up at him.

"Touche. On a different note, I can say that we've gotten permission to go out back for a bit. You have been cooped up in this little house for 3 weeks now. How about we have that beach date you wanted?" He asked before lifting me up off of the bed.

"Sounds good. Let me change." I nodded, packing his lips before heading for my bag.

"I'll meet you one the porch out back." He replied before heading out the door. I threw on a pink two piece bathing suit, before putting on shorts and a tank over it. I slipped on my birkenstocks and headed out the door and into the kitchen.