Love Works In Very Strange Ways (A Gaara Love Story) *Chapter 9*

Chapter 9

‘Why is he here? Why is he here?!’ was the one thought that passed through my mind.

“Follow me.” He said.

I started shaking in fear and slightly nodded in reply. We walked to the tower and I followed him up the stairs into his office. It was very dark and mysterious and it sent chills up my spine. He held the door open for me and I reluctantly walked inside.

“Do you know why you’re here?” He asked.

I shook my head. “No, Kazekage-sama. Is there a reason why you requested to see me?” I asked.

“Yes. You’re the most potential female graduate this village has seen for quite some time right now. If you continue to be a shinobi, at this rate you’ll be as powerful as I.” He said.

I sat there quietly, not knowing what to say.

“If you want to succeed, then stay away from my youngest son.” He said looking at me over his shoulder.

I felt my face go pale. “F-forgive me for asking, b-but why?” I asked trembling slightly.

“There’ve been multiple sightings with you and my son for the past 3 days outside of your squad. Believe me when I say this: He’s not worth it. You’re dismissed.” He said.

I nodded slowly and bowed before him.

“By the way, keep this in mind. If you disobey my order for whatever reason, you will be exiled out of this village and shall be known as a rouge Nin. Don’t test me.” He said.

I reluctantly nodded and closed the door behind me. I walked slowly out of the building and once I got outside, I ran away.

I ran as fast as my legs could go and into my apartment. I slammed the door behind me and I slammed myself against the door. I started sobbing uncontrollably.

“No…no…NO!!!” I cried. My back was pressed against the door and my hands were holding my face. “This can’t be happening…this can’t be happening! I can’t lose him! I CAN’T LOSE HIM! WHY DAMMIT?! I LOVE YOU! I love you…” I cried as I slid to the floor. I brought my knees together and wrapped my arms around them. “No…Why…? I love you…” I silently cried.

I felt arms wrap around my defenseless form. “I love you too.” I heard. I lifted my head up quickly and saw Gaara holding me to his chest.

“Why’d you leave me?” I asked him. “I couldn’t stand to see you see me lose it.” He said. “Why were you crying?” He asked.

“Your Father talked to me. He told me to stay away from you, or that I’ll be exiled as a rouge ninja.” I whispered into his chest.

“Why would he do that? He’ll never take you away from me!” He said hugging me closer.

“While the thought’s nice, I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to leave you and I don’t want to be exiled at the same time.” I said.

He didn’t answer but just stroked my hair.

“I think we should do what we originally planned and just keep our relationship secret.” I said.

“Are you sure?” He asked. I looked up at him and wiped the remaining tears from my eyes.

“I am. Do you want to do this?” I asked.

“If it means being able to stay with you.” He whispered. We pulled apart and he kissed me passionately. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist.

We pulled back and he hugged me again. He stroked my hair and kissed my forehead.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you too.” He replied.

I sighed deeply before drifting asleep.