Love Works In Very Strange Ways (A Gaara Love Story) *Chapter 22*

Chapter 22

I rushed towards him in a panic. I kneeled to his side and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Are you okay?” I asked concerned.

“Y-yeah.” He said groaning in pain.

“Sorry about that. You need a strong mental endurance to go against my jutsu.” I said scratching the back of my head nervously.

“Yet, you decided to use it on me?” He said sarcastically.

“Yeah, sorry about that babe, think of it this way though, at least you didn’t act as bad as my other victims.” I said hugging him and pecking his cheek.

“Victims?” He asked.

“Yeah, you see, a lot of my ‘victims’ usually scream in pain or usually pass out from it.” I said.

“And once again, you chose me.” He asked.

‘At least you weren’t as bad as the first time I used it on Mizurei.’ I thought.

*Flashback 2 years ago*

I was apparently doing some ‘friendly’ sparring with Mizurei, but to any normal person it would seem like we were fighting to the death.

Mizurei was gaining the upper hand in this match, so I decided to finish the match with a secret clan move I had been practicing at the time.

I back-flipped a couple of times to gain distance from her and when I did, all hell broke loose.

I completed the necessary hand signs and shouted “Hiragana Clan Secret Ninja Art: Spiritual Control Jutsu!”

-Short Time Skip (Around like 15 minutes)-

I released the Jutsu and felt myself being slammed back into my own body forcefully.

“Damn!” I grunted clutching onto my head as a strong headache took over my skull.

The headache started to lessen. I looked up to see if Mizurei was alright. Sure enough, I was met with the eyes of the devil.

“MIYUKI…WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!” She shouted at the top of her lungs.

“I’m sorry! I didn’t think that you actually liked him! I’m sorry!!!” I shouted getting up and running away as fast as I could to escape her clutches.

You see, me being the idiot I am went up to Kankuro and confessed my (Mizurei’s) undying love for him. He looked taken aback but said he would like to get to know me (Mizurei) a little better before he had an opinion about her and walked away. Turns out she actually did like him.

I ran away from her and hid out in a convent for a month before facing her again.

*Flashback end*

I giggled at the memory and put one of Gaara’s arms over my shoulders. I placed an arm around his hip and helped him stand up. He winced in pain and I immediately felt bad for using that jutsu on him. I helped him walk to a near-by tree and had him lay against it. I took off my hoodie and folded it into a make-shift pillow.

“I’m sorry babe.” I said putting the pillow behind his head.

“It’s alright.” He groaned. I kissed him on the lips and pulled back.

“The pain will go away in a few minutes okay?” I said.

He nodded and placed his hand on my cheek.

“Win for me babe.” He said. I nodded and pecked his lips.

“Will do.” I said.

I stood up and walked towards Hinata.

“You ready Hinata?” I asked.

She got into a fighting position and nodded.

“Anything goes match. No time-limits.” I said.

“Okay.” She said activating her Byakugan.

“Go!” I said as I charged towards her.