Love Works In Very Strange Ways (A Gaara Love Story) *Chapter 14*

Chapter 14

I woke up half falling off the bed and I groaned in annoyance. “Ugh, not again.” I whined. I crawled back into the bed and put the red silk blanket over me. I hugged the pillow and snuggled into it. I closed my eyes and started to drift off into sleep again when all of a sudden I heard clashing and glass breaking.

I grabbed a kunai that was under my pillow, jumped out of bed and ran outside of our room. I ran into the kitchen getting in a fighting stance when I realized that it was Gaara who caused that crash. He dropped a glass cup and was in the process of picking up the shattered glass on the floor. I sighed in relief and I put my kunai in my pocket.

“You scared me! I thought someone was breaking into the apartment.” I said franticly. He awkwardly laughed. “I’m sorry, it fell from the cabinet.” He said looking up at me. I kneeled down and picked up a few of the pieces of the glass that was still on the ground.

“You don’t have to do that.” Gaara said. “No, it’s okay. I want to help.” I said smiling at him. He nodded and we continued to pick up the small shards of glass.

“Okay, let’s throw this in the recycle bin.” I said carefully holding the glass shards. He nodded and I opened the lid. We carefully placed the shards in a bag, tied it and dumped it into the recycling bin. “Ow.” I said looking at my thumb. I accidently pricked myself on the lid of the trash can.

“Are you okay?” Gaara asked.  I nodded and looked back at my thumb. It wasn’t bleeding but it still stung. I washed my hands with soap which caused it to sting even more, but at least it was disinfected. I got a Band-Aid from the first aid-kit from my backpack and put it on my thumb. “There, good as new.” I said smiling widely at Gaara. He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

All of a sudden we heard a knock on the door. “Who could that possibly be?” I asked Gaara. He shrugged and I walked to the door to answer it. I looked through the peephole and saw the shy girl from the genin squad I met yesterday.

“Hello.” I said opening the door. “H-hello, Mi-miyuki-chan.” Hinata said nervously while bowing. I bowed back respectfully.

“What brings you here Hinata-chan? Would you like to come inside?” I said opening the door wider for her to walk inside.

“Thank you.” She said walking shyly inside. She looked around and gazed around the room until her eyes met with the cold and curious eyes that belonged to Gaara. She froze in place and twiddled her fingers.

“Oh Hinata-chan, this is my boyfriend Sabaku no Gaara. Gaara-kun, meet my new friend Hyuuga Hinata. She’s on the same squad as Kiba-san, but she’s the sweetest and most respectful of her squad.” I said introducing them to each other.

“U-um, he-hello…” She said bowing. He smirked and bowed back. “Hello.” He said.

“I’ll make us some tea. You guys can talk if you want to.” I said smiling. They nodded and I walked into the kitchen to make some of my favorite oolong tea. I heard soft talking and a lot of stuttering on Hinata’s part. I got three plates and put some dango on them. I then got three tea cups and filled them with the oolong tea. I put them on a tray and brought the tray to the table.

“I’m back.” I said smiling as I put a tea cup in front of us. “Th-thank y-you.” Hinata said. “Thank you, Miyuki-chan.” He said.

I sat down and took a sip of my tea. “So what brings you here, Hinata-chan?” I asked looking up at her.

“W-well y-you s-see, I t-thought t-that since y-you just got here, you w-would li-like a tour of t-the vi-village.” She said still continuing with her stuttering. Not that I cared whether she stuttered or not. She was too cute!

“Oh, I see. I don’t see why not. Do you want to go out now?” I asked her.

“Y-yes if y-you d-don’t m-mind.” She said while fidgeting with her fingers, a habit I’ve seen her do a lot.

“Do you want to come out with us Gaara?” I asked.

“No thank you. I need to talk to Sensei.” He said standing up. He walked up to me and pecked my cheek. “Have fun though.” He said.

“I will. Bye Gaara.” I said as he walked out.