Chapter 33

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! ENJOY! :D

Chapter 33

I smiled as I held up a teal dress and flower clip to match. I came up with a quick idea on how I wanted to look. I quickly changed into the dress and rummaged through my make-up kit. I found the colors I wanted and some jewelry. I styled my hair so that it was braided across my hair. I put on some black flats and smiled at how the look turned out in such a short amount of time.

“I’m finished!” I shouted after I sprayed on some perfume called ‘Florid’. I stepped out and saw Gaara dressed impeccably well. He wore a black button-up dress shirt, black slacks and a gold wristwatch. I could smell his ‘Axe’ cologne from where I stood and I smiled.

“Well you sure clean up nicely.” I said.

“Well, being the Kazekage’s son means appearing at certain events, regardless whether or not I wish to attend.” Gaara stated smirking. “I could say the same for you. You took my breath away the moment I looked at you.” Gaara said.

“Why thank you.” I said. ‘What’s with the flirting? It’s so unlike him.’ I thought.

“Let’s go, or we’ll be late for our reservation.” Gaara said.

“Our reserved a place for us?” I asked in shock. Already this felt expensive.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for everything.” Gaara said putting his wallet in his pocket.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Of course. Why would I take you out if I couldn’t afford it?” He replied.

I nodded and we both walked out the door. We walked out of the hotel and Gaara put on his sunglasses. He’s made it a habit to wear them whenever we go out by ourselves when the sun’s still out.

Gaara had a quick look at his watch and faced me.

“It’s time to take your appetite pill.” He said. I nodded and took the bottle out of my bag. I pulled out a water bottle and took the pill. I felt Gaara intertwine his hand in mine and tug it slightly. I looked up at him and he leaned next to my ear.

“I have somewhere to show you.” He said.

“Really?” I replied. He nodded and led the way.

We walked to a store that was full of comic related things and plushies. I gawked at it and Gaara practically pulled me inside. I didn’t know where to start really. I headed towards the Batman section and looked immediately at the shirts and plushies. After seeing everything in that isle, I moved onto Pokémon. I saw a really cute Pikachu plushie and picked it up. I looked at the price tag and saw that it was only 500 ryo. I turned to go back to the batman isle and picked up the batman bracelet that was 200 ryo. I was walking towards the cash register when all of a sudden Gaara took them from my hands.

“What?” I said looking up at him.

“I’m paying for it.” Gaara said walking over there.

“No, it’s fine! I can pay for it myself.” I said.

He didn’t listen but bought both things and handed me the bag.

“Here you go.” Gaara said with a small smile.

“I said that I could pay for it.” I said.

“And I said that I was treating you tonight.” Gaara said.

I pouted and Gaara took my hand again. We walked up to a really fancy restaurant that I wouldn’t have ever dreamed of going to. It was one of those really expensive ones at that.

“Gaara, you don’t have to take me here.” I said.

“Too late.” He smirked pulling me inside.

He took off his sunglasses and put them in his shirt pocket. We walked up to the man in front of a podium.

“Name your reservation is under please.”  He spoke.

“Hiragana.” Gaara said calmly.

“Ah yes, please follow me.” He said leading the way.

We followed him to a part of the restaurant that had the most romantic settings. There were candles and a vase with roses. Gaara helped me into my seat and sat down himself.

“Thank you Gaara.” I said.

“Don’t thank me just yet. The night’s still young.” He said smiling.

‘Oh dear, what else does he have up his sleeve?’ I thought as I looked through the menu. ‘Why is everything so freaking expensive?! I think I’ll get a Cobb Salad…one of the cheaper things on this god forsaken menu. Oh there’s also that Panini…yeah, I’ll get the salad.’ I thought closing my menu.

“Do you know what you want?” Gaara asked.

“Yup: A Cobb Salad and Lemonade.” I said smiling at him.

“Are you sure you don’t want anything else?” He asked looking at me as the waitress came with some bread.

“Are you ready to order?” She asked.

We nodded and ordered our food.

*Time Skip*

We had walked to several stores after dinner and he covered my eyes.

“Gaara what are you doing?” I said laughing.

“I want to take you somewhere.” He said in my ear. I nodded as he guided me.

After walking a short while, we finally stopped.

“Are you ready?” Gaara asked.

I nodded.

He took away his hands and rested them on my shoulders.

I gasped as I laid my eyes on a gorgeous fountain which had bright lights and illuminated the water. I raised my hands to my mouth and I turned around to face him. I hugged him and he smiled, hugging back.

“I want you to know that you mean so much to me and when I stumbled upon here, I thought of you.” He said.

“I love you so much…” I whispered.

“I love you too.” He said.

“Is that it for the night?” I asked.

          “Not quite.” He said.

“Huh?” I said turning around to face him.

He held my face in his hands and gave me the most delicate kiss I’ve ever received.

“Now it is.” He said with a soft smile.

“I see.” I said smiling.

He took my hand and we walked back to our apartment for a night’s rest.