3

"So what exactly is Parenthood 101?" Calum asked his mom, clearly confused while holding Aspyn and gently rocking her in his arms, hoping she wouldn't burst out crying at any given moment.

"Well, it's where you learn all the things you need to to become a parent," His mom explained in a duh tone and started writing on a piece of cardboard with a marker.

"Do I have to stay for this too?" Michael asked, serving himself some chips in a bowl.

"No-"

"Yes," Calum interrupted his mom as he glanced at both of them then at Aspyn who was looking around the small, crammed apartment.

Michael rolled his eyes and took a seat by them," Just for the record, I'm not pretending to be your husband."

"I wasn't going to ask you to."

"You know you wa-"

"Shush! I'm starting the class..." Calum's mom sighed, irritated with the boys already.

They both nodded, silence falling upon them as Calum's mom spoke up again.

"Okay, now that you have a baby, you're going to have to make time for her. That means no going out as much, no drinking, and saving that money for your daughters necessities, like diapers and food and such."

Calum groaned once he heard the 'no going out as much' part and looked over at Michael who seemed like he was actually enjoying the "class" taught by his mom.

"What do ba-"

Michael couldn't even finish his sentence when Aspyn all of a sudden broke out crying.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER? MOM!" Calum nervously yelled, holding the baby out to his mom, terrified.

"Calum, calm down. I won't be here with you at night, she'll do this often. Okay, first check her diaper. If there's nothing there, she must be hungry," his mom calmly explained to him as she took a seat next to him.

He nodded and put his nose to her bum and instantly moved it away, grimacing at the odor.

"Oh gosh... She laid one didn't she?" Michael laughed as soon as he saw Calum's face.

Calum rolled his eyes at Michael and looked at his mom," Okay, she went... Uhm, what now?"

"You clean her," his mom said simply, throwing him a diaper and some wipes that were in the baby bag.

"What? I can't do that, I barely know how to clean myself!" Calum sarcastically responded to his mom as he tried handing her the baby in hopes that she would have sympathy for him, but she wouldn't take her.

"I'll guide you through, Michael, you might want to learn too," his mom said as he made space on the couch to change her.

As she guided Calum through the process, a small smile made it's way onto Calum's face.

He was learning.

He looked over at Michael who just looked confused with the entire thing.

"And that's it," Calum's mom smiled," oh, I should show you how to make a bottle. Okay, never microwave it, it's bad," she started while going through the bag and bringing out the bottle supplies.

Michael and Calum both watched as they saw how many scoops of the powder to put in and how much ounces of water to put in.

"This doesn't seem too hard, right?" Calum said to Michael but he knew he was lying to himself.

This was actually really difficult.

He knew he wouldn't remember how much powder to put in, he knew he would get scared when being awakened at night by the cries, he knew he would forget how to change the diaper, he knew... He wasn't ready. He just wasn't prepared for this at all.

Calum swallowed hard and couldn't hear what his mom was saying anymore. He just saw her mouth moving but no words seemed to come out. Nervous, anxious, he rubbed his hands together and slowly picked up Aspyn.

"What are we going to do with you?" Calum whispered as he looked at the close-to-falling-asleep baby in his arms," I don't even know how to be a dad..."

:: :: ::

This book has such slow updates I'm sorry ):

Social media :
Twitter : probablyausten

Instagram : probablyausten

Snapchat : isisatalie

X TOMORROW IS NEW YEARS EVE HOLY PATOTY!

©spillthebeanz