5

He quickly rushed into his apartment, looking around only to find it empty.

Sighing, he pulled out his phone and called Micheal. Maybe they went out somewhere?

Calum heard Michael's phone ring in one of the rooms but it wasn't getting picked up. As bad thoughts started running through his mind, he quickly ran into the room he thought heard Michael's phone in and sighed in relief when he saw Michael singing Aspyn to sleep.

"You guys are okay," Calum sighed happily as he walked over to where they were standing by Michael's bed.

"You really left.. You told your mom, 'I'm going to be the best dad I can be' and then within a few minutes she leaves, you go out on a date!" Michael whisper yelled at him since Aspyn was in a sleeping state," you irresponsible.. Ugh, you're irritating me.. I don't think you're going to be able to manage her.. Adoption sounds like a good choice because with the way you're being a 'father'.... This little girl deserves better."

Shocked at his outburst, Calum looked down at his feet. Was Michael right? Was adoption really a good idea for both, him and Aspyn?

He bit his bottom lip and looked at Michael, quietly whispering," Look.. I-I wasn't thinking... I came back because of her Michael. I couldn't stop thinking about her, I know I've only spent a few hours with her, but I feel like a love her with all my heart, like she's the piece of happiness I needed in my life. I might not be a good father right now, but I just need some time.. And in no time, I'll be the best father for her.."

Michael scoffed shaking his head," I don't think so."

"How are you going to tell me? With just one slip up you're over here bitching at me," Calum yelled irritatedly.

Michael glared at him before handing him Aspyn," Here."

Calum happily took her and gently kissed her forehead.

"I'm going out," Michael mumbled, shrugging on one of his faded flannel shirts and grabbed his keys off his night stand.

"Where are you going?" Calum asked, scared at the thought of being alone with Aspyn.

"Out, don't intend of waiting for me, I don't think I'm coming back tonight."

And with that, Michael left the apartment. Calum looked at Aspyn, carefully running his fingers through her short brown hair and sighed.

Calum never liked it when him and Michael fought. Sometimes, like this time, they would fight as if they were a married couple and one would leave only to return early in the morning, or sometimes not at all until late at night the next day. Calum was hoping he would come back and he hoped he didn't screw up that bad this time.

*

Michael didn't even think about it twice when he went over to his cousin Luke's house to get high.

He had not gotten high again since that time when he was younger and his parents had found out, and this was his first time ever doing something like this since he broke his habit years ago in high school.

The way Calum left Aspyn just irritated him. Michael knows how it feels to be rejects by a parent, heck, he knows how it feels to be rejects by both parents since his basically gave him away to complete strangers when he was smaller. He still remembers that day as if it were yesterday..

A tear slipped from his eye and he quickly wiped it away, knocking on Luke's front door.

"Hey man, what's up?" Luke greeted while Michael just walked through the door.

"I need to get high," Michael mumbled, looking through his wallet and handing Luke all the money he had.

"Michael... You told me, sophomore year, if you ever told me to buy you weed... To slap you across the face.." Luke said, shaking his head and handing Michael back the money.

"I need something to keep my mind off things," Michael complained, shoving the money back at Luke's chest.

"No Michael, I don't want you to get how you were last time.. You were really bad the last time, that's all you ever did, you started failing badly," Luke sighed," and what do you need to keep your mind off?"

"Calum..." Michael grumbled, not even wanting to say his name.

"What'd he do? Do I need to beat him up?" Luke questioned, looking at Michael.

"No.. It's just," Michael sighed as he explained to Luke the entire reason as to why he was mad at Calum and how he ended up here at Luke's doorstep begging for his necessities.

Luke stayed staring at Michael a little shocked," Calum... Calum has a kid?"

Michael nodded," Her name's Aspyn. She kind of looks like Calum, except she has lighter skin and her eyes are probably a little lighter brown than Calum's. She's pretty cute."

Luke smiled and nodded," Alright, well can I go see her?"

"I'm not planning on going there honestly," Michael sighed, looking down at the floor.

"C'mon, please?" Luke pouted.

"Luke, it's late.. And she's already asleep. Knowing Calum, he probably is too," Michael said, trying to find any excuse he could use to not go back there.

"Well then why don't we call him?" Luke said taking out his phone," if he doesn't answer we don't go okay?"

Michael sighed and nodded in defeat as Luke was already calling him.

"Hello.."

:: :: ::

Please vote and share this story with your friends (:

Twitter/ Instagram : probablyausten
Snapchat/ isisatalie

©spillthebeanz