Chapter 3

We're at the top of the stairs and every single door is a different color. Red, orange, blue, green, yellow, purple, gray, and black. Now that I notice, they're all personalized. We walk over to the black door and he opens it with ease. Even with both bags. Damn does he work out? I think so.

"Here's your room and someone will come get you for dinner. My rooms the green door and my mom and dads room is the gray door if you need anything." He walks out and I take in my surroundings.

There's a bathroom and a walk in closet. A few shelves by the door to the closet. My bed is black with teal bedding. There's a desk painted as black colored wood along with a spiny chair!!!! YASSSS!! There's a glass stand with shelves under a tv. I think I'm going to like it here. I honestly don't want to take anything from them but they seem like they have a lot of money. I mean, this room is the size of my kitchen and living room combined.

------|A Few Hours later|------

I'm sitting in my room with my empty suitcases remembering why I'm here.

I loved my parents, I mean, they cared for me and loved me back. My parents just hit me if I did something wrong. It wasn't often.

Remembering I had the black eye and split lip covered with makeup, I decided not to take a shower yet.

"CARLY!!!!!" Chad comes running into my room screaming.
"Jessie's chasing me!!! Help!!" I pick him up and look for the stairs trying not to run into Jessie.
"Chad. We're gonna go to the kitchen. He won't be able to get you while your moms there." I said hoping she was in there.

"Hey, hey, hey, now. I think that belongs to me." I hear Jessie behind me.
"Run Carly!!!" Chad says.
I run down the stairs careful not to drop Chad. We run into the kitchen to find Barbra! Yes!

"Hide!" I tell Chad as he runs to his mother.

"I've got you now!" I hear Jessie yell from behind me, tackling me.
"Oh my god Jessie. Your heavy!! Get off me fat ass!" I slap his arm.
"Bad word! Lalalalalalalalala!!" I hear Chad yell from behind Barbra as she chuckles.

"Jessie. It hasn't even been 24 hours since she's arrived. Stop harassing her!" She tried scolding and hiding a smile at the same time.
"Ok ok." He gets off me and puts his hands up in defeat then helps me up.
I walk out joined by Jessie. He heads to somewhere downstairs and I head back to my room.

"Hello." I scream because I had no fucking clue someone was in my room.
"Holy shit you scared me Carter!" I put my hand on my heart showing him I could've so had a heart attack.
He smirked and chilled on my bed.
"What do you want?" I ask.
"What makes you think I want something?" He smirks.
"Maybe because you're on my bed? Just a guess." I say sarcastically.

Carter jumps off my bed and walks over to me.
"Just come here." He says grabbing my hand and leading me to the bathroom. Umm, tell me what's going on bro?
"Sit on the counter." I do as told and he grabs a wash cloth and gets it wet.
"Close your eyes please."
"Better not do anything while they're closed." I warn him.
"No." He chuckles and I close my eyes.

The wash cloth was warm and felt good. Before I realized what he was doing my makeup was all of.
"O god." I put my head down in shame.
He puts his fingers under my chin and puts my head up.
"I'm the only one that noticed earlier I think. You cover up well but I could tell how your eye was slightly smaller then the other and I realized you had a black eye." I tear wells up in my eye remembering that my dads dead. He wasn't the best father but he provided for us. Me and my mom.

Without realizing a warm, salty tear fell down my face. I looked at him. Carter wiped the tear away and pulled me into hug. I hugged him back thinking that I have gotten no real sympathy in forever. He rubbed circles on my back comforting me.

"Can I trust you Carter?" He pulled back and looked into my eyes. He nodded. I sighed,
"My parents are dead. (A/N #BATMAN) Our moms were childhood friends. Her and my dad were at their friends house yesterday and over dosed." A few more tears spilt and I looked down.

Again Carter lifted my chin and wiped the new tears away. He smiled a small smile to me and grabbed my hand rubbing circles on it with his thumb.
"I'm sorry. That why you're here isn't it?" He sounded sincere. I nodded and continued saying things,
"The black eye is from my dad and the lip my mom." He sighed and looked me in the eyes searching for anything.
"They only did it if I did something wrong which wasn't often. I loved them though. And please don't tell anyone this, only your mom and dad know why I'm here, they don't even know about the eye and lip." I looked in his eyes waiting for his answer. Please please don't say anything.

"I won't say anything, I promise." He hugged me and pulled back. He made sure it didn't look like I was crying and had me follow him to the kitchen for dinner.

Dinner was Chicken Alfredo Pasta. It was amazing. I ended up sitting next to Chad and Carter. The boys finished quickly since they must have big appetites and went upstairs leaving me, Chad and Barbra eating. I finished and washed my plate and put it in the dishwasher.
"Thank you for everything Mrs. Johnson." I smiled at her.
"Please call me Barb. It's weird having someone call me that." She giggled and I left to go to me room.